Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here we go. We are going to attempt a post without a picture of Zach. I hope it still turns out okay! :) Well, we had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I love Valentine's Day! It is great. I woke up to Justin's famous scrambled eggs, toast, oranges (California Oranges!) and milk. It was delicious. Especially since I was eating it in bed! What a treat. Man, I love that guy!
Well, while Justin was getting ready to go to school I decorated his "reading" spot with a heart table cloth, a BE MINE sign, and his favorite, a monster sugar cookie with frosting on it! He LOVES sugar cookies and I have to say, this one was SO yummy! It was basically a whole recipe in a heart shaped pan, plus the few cookies on top. That is one large and THICK cookie.
Can it get any better?
This was my favorite part of the day. Justin had a basketball game on Valentine's night, so we decided we would celebrate the next day, . . . but I couldn't wait, so I surprised him with a DELICIOUS dinner. We had spinach mushroom manicotti, homemade french bread, grapes, veggies, sparkling apple juice, and special jello (Justin was known as the jello and mashed potatoes boy growing up. He LOVES jello!) Anyway, I took Zach to the neighbors and when Justin walked in big band music was playing and I was all dressed up with a candlelit dinner waiting for us. He even went upstairs and changed into fancy shmansy clothes complete with a pink valentine's tie.
Here is the fancy jello. This was such a cool idea (off kraftfoods.com of course). You write a message in chocolate, let that harden in the fridge, and then make the jello in the decorated dish! So cute. Anyway, maybe it was weird to share all of this. Sorry if you don't like the mush, but it was just too much fun not to share! (And it was A LOT of work, so I had to show it off!)

4 comments:

Lant Family said...

How fun! I love Kraft.com and their magazines. Cute PJS.

Angie, Roy, etc. said...

Good for you two! I love the jello. . . of course! And nice touch getting a babysitter. Impressive!

Dustin Family said...

You are my inspiration!!!!

Rob and Marseille said...

Sounds like a great valentines. I love reading what everyone did to celebrate.