Tuesday, April 13, 2010

April Fools!!

Happy April Fools Day!


I have great memories of April Fools day. Mom would make theme dinners and we'd wear (clean) paper toilet seat covers as bibs, drink through cotton-filled straws, and have to eat our entire dinner with whatever was in our brown bag by our plate. It could have been a toothpick, or a wire whisk. Bon Appetite! Such fun. Anyway, I did NOTHING last year and thought, I really should do something this year, so I did! Justin wasn't home until late, but I thought I'd play the joke on Zach at dinner anyway. HA!
First, we wore our clothes backwards. NOT comfortable. Only did it through dinner just to say I did.




Then we switched things up and ate dessert first!


Zach was pretty excited to eat his cupcake BEFORE dinner. Little did he now that they were actually mini meat loaves with pink mashed potatoes on top! If you can, watch the video...SUCH A FUNNY REACTION!

It's 5 minutes, but SO WORTH IT! A must watch! HA!
What I learned: Toddlers don't appreciate jokes having to do with fake cupcakes...







Then we had dinner. Chicken strips with sweet and sour sauce, peas, and lemonade. AKA Chocolate cookies (Tim Tams) dipped in white chocolate and graham cracker crumbs with Caramel sauce, peas (pretty original, eh?), and lemon jello with a straw! Justin guessed it was URINE! What a doctor.

Kate liked it!





After I pulled my jokes, Zach had a few of his own...Real funny Zach.

This was "the best" one. Justin heard water dripping, looked in the bathroom downstairs, and then RAN upstairs. Zach had apparently been dumping water out of the tub. It went onto the floor...(hence the mound of towels Justin quickly threw down)...




... through the heating vent...



... down through the ceiling air vent of the downstairs bathroom...


...And ALL over the floor and toilet. We were catching the water with that big recycle container. It was A MESS! Especially since there wasn't any time between Zach's first trick (the toilet paper) to clean it all up. YUCK. Real funny Zach. You got us. April Fools.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Ok you are the funnest mom! No way I'd go through all that trouble for my kids if my hubby wasn't even home! That dinner idea was awesome, though. And Zack did pull quite the prank!

Kamry Low said...

why would you make poo with pink potatoes on top for dinner? mean!
love all the jokes.. jason would have appreciated those jokes better!

Angie, Roy, etc. said...

I think Zach won. Can't wait to see what he does next year. By the looks on the video though I think that kid may grow up hating April Fools Day. Good job Aimers!

Just realized Zach thought you were giving him poo and Justin thought you were giving him pee. Crazy Boys, don't they know you have your limits.

Meghan said...

amelia-- i think im going to have to copy you and do it to matt next year for aprils fools :) *i think he might have the same reaction as zach*

Katie said...

Ha! this was a fun post... Our April fools dinner never happened this year. Too busy with Family, conference, and easter all rolled into one weekend. Glad the tradition lives on!