Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter!!!

Zach and Avery made these bunny masks together. So cute. Actually, Zach's mask scares me, like a bunny version of the horror movie hockey mask or whatever it is. Jason?
We colored eggs! It is fun (and crazy) having the kids get older and try to participate in more of these holiday activities.


I love this little Kate smile. Her eyes are so smiley too. She's a cutie.



Daddy helping Zach decorate a BYU egg. Fanatic. And yes, the back said Jimmer.



I think EVERY one of Zach's eggs was blue. He loves blue. He always has to have the blue plate or the blue bowl, the blue balloon...



When did my babies turn into little girls???



My kids LOVE hard boiled eggs. They love peeling them and eating them.



Kate showing how it's done. This girl is awesome.



Kara has been Miss Independent lately. She loves peeling the eggs. She is so patient and wants to do it all on her own. I love watching her little fingers work.




BASKETS!!!



Zach's crazy eyes over his Peeps! What excitement. Why do kids love those things so much. Gut. Ache.






My Easter Basket. I love my Easter Basket and want all of my kids to have as deep of a connection with their basket as I do. I have yet to find cute enough ones for them to develop that same sort of bond with. I may just have to make them. Justin bought these BEAUTIFUL tulips for me to support the Parkinson's Foundation or something. They bloomed a beautiful pale pink and yellow. I took them outside to get some REAL air and then forgot about them overnight and I think they got too cold because they look rough now. Bummer. I LOVE TULIPS!



We had Easter Dinner with one of Justin's cousins and came home pretty late. I really wanted to get pictures though so I snapped a few. I loved the girls skirts. They were white (DANGER!) and had pretty fabric flowers sewn on them. AND they wore sandals today! WOO HOO! It is finally getting warmer!



I love my girls.





What an eye wink. ;)





Sweet Kara.


My big four year old.



Zach and his "Girlies." Sibling Love!



All through this week we have really been trying to teach the kids what Easter is about, what happened and why it is important to us . It was good to hear them learning and although I know they love the bunny, egg, candy part, they know that Jesus Christ died, and was resurrected again. He came back to life and so will we. Easter is all about hope and love. I am so grateful for a Savior who loves us so much, and for a Heavenly Father who loves us enough to send and sacrifice his son for all of his other sons and daughters, us. I am grateful for the love I feel from Heavenly Father. I know we are His children and I know that there is a true purpose to this life. That knowledge makes life so much easier to bear. And enjoy.



HAPPY EASTER!!!




Just another "Circle of Life" picture. This days "Simbas" were Buzz and Rex. :)
Bucket heads on their way to the park.

7 comments:

Katie said...

A very fun post! It is AMAZING to me how old, and darling they all are. Can't wait to see them 'for real'!

Alysha Sladek said...

ahhaha the bucket heads. too cute! looks like so much fun. I had an easter basket made out of the same fabric but it was a bunny. let me know if you find any cute baskets. I'm on the lookout too ;)

Unknown said...

Haha. I love Kara's bucket head the best! She must have the smallest head of the 3. Glad you had a fun Easter!

Joanie Harbor said...

all these pictures are AWESOME!!

Falon Felsted said...

Such fun! Your kiddos really are so adorable! Their smiles are infectious!!!

Maren said...

Such cute pics of the kids! Those masks are such a cute idea. And I think my fav pics are the ones in their church get-up, the one where they're all hugging. So cute!!!!

Jordan and Ariana said...

Jaxon is the same with the "I have to have everything blue" thing. How funny is that?