Wow. What a week. Well, I am now 5 days overdue. It wouldn't be so bad, I mean I went 12 days over with Zach, this is nothing! BUT I had high hopes of going on my own, of not being induced like my last 2 (or should I say 3?) deliveries were and even have had several glimpses and teasings of it to none avail. I've had my bags packed, cameras cleared and charged, my waterproof mascara on, my hair done, my legs shaved and toes painted (you know, all of the important things) for the last 2 weeks. :) And I won't even mention the fact that I know 4 people who were due 3 days, 2 weeks, 2 weeks, and 3 weeks after me that have now had their babies before me!!! And my sister in law who was due 2 weeks after me will now have her baby 3 days after me. Oops, I mentioned it. :) I know I sound bitter. Because I am a little bit! I am tired of being pregnant and I am worried about my baby and just want her here! I had to repaint my toenails and shave again and I should probably charge the camera battery again too. I still have 36 hours before the induction and yeah, I could still go on my own, (actually having a pretty strong contraction right now!) but I am fine and resigned to the fact that induction is the only way to get my babies out of my oh so comfortable uterus. :) Anyway, enough whining. Really, I wanted a May baby, I am getting one for sure, and May 5th sounds like a great day to be born! Cinco de Mayo! Our little Juanita Maria will come to us. Onto the post. With all of this said I am going to now turn to the positive side of being overdue...more time to prepare!!!
This was me at 40 weeks 1 day...officially THE LAST Sunday I would be pregnant. Yay! Justin had 2 weeks off for paternity leave and since his schedule was how it was, he had to take this week and next week off. Another reason I wanted her to come early, BUT it has been SO nice having him home to help get things REALLY ready for a baby. Our house is very clean and organized, both cars are clean on the inside and outside, our yard looks great, AND I had time to run errands, go to my appointment, and create without kiddos!!
My first crafty creation was TONS of flowered headbands! I know this is way overboard, but it is pretty awesome at the same time! My sister in law Leslie ordered a bunch of these flowers and Kamry let me grab "a few" from her stockpile! The best thing about this is that I found a way to make them interchangeable so there are SO many options!! Any color band with any color flower(s)...possibilities are endless with 19 flowers and I think 25 bands...yikes. And they can even be put on a clip. This better really be a girl! Thanks for the goods Kams!
And here is my next creation!!!! My first quilt! My friend Heather Jubber and I made quilts together. She really walked me through every step since she had just made one for her unborn baby boy (due 4 weeks from now). She had some leftover fabrics that we started off with and then I went and got some more fabrics that went with it and Voila! It is really just backing, batting, and a muslin top with a bunch of 2 1/2 inch squares sewn on top. Meant to look vintagey...aka wrinkly lucky for me!
I really like how it turned out. I love all of my fabrics and the brightness of the colors and man it looks really wrinkly in these pictures! :) Oh well, it supposed to be like that and the edges of the squares should fray a bit.
And here is my 3rd project!! A cute little scalloped banner with the fabrics of her quilt. I like how much color it brings to the big blank boring wall there. None of my kids have had a "nursery" decorated and such. Well, the girls got one when they were 9 months. Zach didn't even have a real crib until he was 9 months or something?! I feel like such a cool, prepared modern mom. Of course the nursery is done before the baby is here! Is there any other way? (Good thing she was late and Justin was home all week!) She just wanted to come in style. That's why she waited so long.
Just double sided half circles sew into bias tape. I didn't know bias tape came in so many colors! Yes, I am new to the sewing world.
And from each view of course. I still need to decorate the other walls and have one more banner I could use, but I don't want to over do it with the banner thing. And I want to put some pictures up, but I guess she needs to come out before I can even do that! Too prepared. :) Maybe I should just hang the empty frames now. More chance of it being done that way!
I found this printable online and it matched perfectly! Yay. I thought it would be a good reminder in the middle of the night, especially next to my cute mommy holding her baby. I am entrusted with a child of God.
I love this figurine. My mom gave it to me when I had Zach. It is the same sculptor as the one that we had as our cake topper and I just think she is cute.
Speaking of cute...this girl is cute! Mischievous and incredibly BUSY but pretty cute. I heard the water on outside...BAD SOUND, but I went out there and saw Kate had grabbed her ducky watering can from her bath toys and said she had to water the plants. She was very careful not to step in the mud, which is odd for her, but I was grateful. I also LOVE tulips. I didn't plant these, but I sure love the colors! Yellow and a coral color. I love the mixed ones too. They remind me of those big Popsicles that are orange and yellow mixed. Know what I am talking about? (Big Sticks? No...) Anyway, projects accomplished, green leaves on my trees, beautiful blooming tulips, and a brand new baby coming in less than 48 hours. I'd say this is a great week. :) Being overdue isn't so bad. Life is going to really change around here. Pain, healing, getting up at night, breastfeeding, having 4 kids...WHAT?! 4 KIDS?!! ME?! Anyway, I've just had more time to enjoy the present and prepare for what's ahead, and both are great. Next post is a baby!!!!
12 comments:
You're so cool and modern and prepared. And I really like that idea for a quilt. It gets me a little excited about making a quilt and that hasn't happened in a long time.
CAN'T WAIT FOR THE NEXT POST!
It looks great. I love the quilt and banner. Great job.
I'm with Batb - I cannot wait for the next post. Hopefully u hear before you post though cause if you're like me it'll take awhile before you actually get a chance/energy to blog it!!
You're the most positive overdue person I've ever encountered! I love the crafts, especially the banner! I've been wanting to make one for a while, and now I feel inspired. I also LOVE that quilt. I want to make one, but I don't know anyone close enough to ask for help. I can't wait to see that baby!!!
holy prepared! love your banner and everything. Wish we lived closer i want to see all this and be involved... and mostly hold this baby when she comes! happy last day of being pregnant. I'm think i'm with you i'll always be induced.
oh ps you're so little and cute- don't look even 40 wqeeks!
First of all, you look amazing! And I'm with Jenny, on all of her accounts! And thanks for your uplifting comment on my blog as well. I needed that. Sigh. Good luck with bringing this baby into the world! Thinking about you!!
Heather is my sister in laws, sister in law....complicated I know, but she is awesome...small world! So excited for you and your little family. Babies are the best!
Wow, you make being overdue look really good!! :) I love how positive you are! That quilt is adorable, I love it!! Lucky little baby will be wrapped in it SO soon! Good luck with everything, I can't wait to see pictures. And I know I say this every time but I can't wait for this summer, party!!
Cute! I saw a quilt like that on pinterest and have been seriously considering doing it! You'll have to let me know how it washes and looks when it frays! Her room looks absolutely adorable. Love all the colors and I love love the half circle thingies! Good luck tomorrow!!!!!!! So excited to have another niece!
I don't know Aimee, that looks like a lot of flowers and bands to keep track of. That could be dangerous for your mental health. Love the quilt. Very cute and fresh colors. And you have a friend with the last name of Jubber. . . Lucky.
Amelia!! Look at all those headbands!! And that QUILT! It's amazing!! I LOVE IT! Isn't it great to feel so prepared!?! Your nursery looks pretty darn cute too! I can't wait to come and have play dates with our new little babes! :)
It's all so perfect and cute!! You have been BUSY!
Post a Comment