My big little brother Cody came and visited us up in Canada just a few days after we moved in. He served his mission in Calgary 5 years ago so he came to see us and to visit the mission with his beautiful wife Jessica.
These kids LOVE their Aunt and Uncle!!
Lovely, mosquitoey walk around the temple. :) It has become a fun Sunday tradition.
Jess is a cosmetologist! She gave all the kids hair cuts in trade for room and board...and a t shirt. ;) What a girl!!
I love it. I was so nervous to cut it off. I mean I always wanted to and knew it was a great length for her...but when I saw that gorgeous hair in the pony tail I asked her a million times..."You sure? You are SURE you want to do this??" She just kept saying yes mom, yes mom. And then the deed was done. She was so excited to get it done. She really wanted it!
We took them to Waterton...you can barely see the chipmunk the kids were having so much fun feeding. It was getting a little too close for my comfort!
"Mom, quit taking pictures and help me!" It was funny to watch her try and throw rocks into the water...she doesn't quite grasp the concept yet of letting go of the rock mid throw. She ended up just leaning it in and dropping it. She just wanted to be like the big kids!
I love this picture. These girls don't know how lucky they are. I hope they are always best friends. And look at Kara's cute piggy tails. :)
Thanks so much for coming guys!!! It was SO fun to have you here and you are welcome back ANY time.
3 comments:
Cute hair Kara! Looks great. Watertown looks beautiful too. Haven't been there in ages.
How awesome! I love when family visits! I just wish they would cut my kids hair too! I loved your comment about your girls' hair being nicely combed, ...that is like Ellie too. But I chickened out and only took off a couple inches. I should just cut it and get 'er done because it rarely looks cute when it's down. Their hair turned out so cute! So glad you guys had such a great time. Love the pic of the girls hugging. And I miss you. As always when I read your blog. Boo for living so far away.....
Cody served a mission 5 years ago?! That seems crazy. Sure looks fun...
Post a Comment