Sunday, January 12, 2014

OUR TWINS ARE 5?!!?

I CAN'T BELIEVE WE MADE IT!! Years ago I remember talking to a twin mom that had 5 year-old twin girls and I thought no way?! They get that old? That big? That grown up? Well, I (and they) have lived to say "They do!!" I really can't believe they are 5. It just sounds too old. But I am so excited for them to keep growing up and experiencing life. They are lucky to have each other. Always a frenemy to play with. They usually get along really well, but I can sure see glimpses to teenage years/competition/jealousy and I am not excited for it. So for now I will just enjoy my busy, imaginative, cuddly, singing, smiley, whiney, crafty, coloring, creating darlings. :)
 
The girls haven't ever had a party, so since their birthday was the first day of Christmas break we had a little Breakfast Birthday Bash with complete with a delicious waffle breakfast, Pin-the-nose-on-the- snowman, some snowball relay races and games (with cotton balls and jars), and a dance party! I think Zach enjoyed himself a little too much being the only man surrounded by all of these girls. :)

Waffles and sparklers! 


 Nice try Kate. :) To finish the day out we went on a family trip to Lethbridge to see "Frozen" and go to McDonald's. Papa and Robbie and Cammie came. Even though Addie was a bit crazy, we all LOVED the movie! We had such a busy day we didn't even get to their real birthday cake or their present from us! Oh well, guess we'll save it for Christmas. ;) Poor December babies.
Happy birthday girlies!


 

 

5 comments:

Dustin Family said...

You are so creative and amazing!!! Why oh why will we never be neighbors?!? :)

I can't believe your girls are 5!!!!!!!! Weird!!!! :)

Alysha Sladek said...

I still can't believe they're 5! And I still remember your prego twin belly that looked like there was only one, and you were still wearing your normal jeans. lucky! I love breakfast parties. So smart. And wasn't Frozen wonderful? Loved it. Happy Birthday Kara and Kate!

Kamry Low said...

I love the frenemy. So happens here. They are getting old. Beautiful girls inside and out!

Maren said...

Makes me feel a little better that this is their first real birthday party. Ha! Ellie hasn't had one yet either and Noah's first real party was when he turned five too! They are getting so grown up and are such beautiful girls. Just like their Mommy.

Katie said...

Great pictures! Beautiful girls! Cool mom (you let them have colored hair... that is Samara's big wish)!