Monday, February 24, 2014

California!

Our best Christmas present...we got to go to California!!! And it just so happened that EVERYONE but my little brother and his wife would be there at some of the same time! I was horrible at taking pictures. We brought our big camera and I barely ever brought it out. Here is a conglomeration of pictures from me, my dad, and sister! :)
On our way out we had a beautiful sunrise view that I didn't even know how to capture. The colors were so vibrant!!!
It's so beautiful. Why would we ever want to leave?! :)
I'll tell you why, WARMTH!

 When we were checking in at the Kalispell airport there was this really tall man right next to me. I asked Kate what she thought it would be like to be that tall! When we walked on the plane Justin turned around and told me who it was! Phil Jackson-Coach of Bulls and Lakers! Won 11 Championships...most of any coach in NBA history. Apparently he has a place in Kalispell he goes to relax. The worst part about the trip was that Delta lost our bag...on a non-stop flight. Well, we only had one bag, but it had ALL of my and Justin's stuff in it. So frustrating. And they NEVER found it. :( I had the feeling that they wouldn't ever find it right after it happened. Debbie Downer. Nope, I think the Lord was just preparing me for the disappointment. :)  I lost my baby ring I had on a necklace and my red onesie pajamas! NOOOO!! And some new shirts for me and some new ones I got for Justin that I loved. :( Workout clothes (like I was really going to work out?!), shoes, sport bras, earrings, make-up. So annoying to lose it and even more annoying to have to replace it all, especially from tiny Cardston that has no shops. Sad day. Anyway, Phil wished me luck to find my bags...didn't work. I bet he stole it! No, he was too nice. Mom "snuck" this picture of him.
 
While Justin and I worked out the bag situation, Mom and Dad took the kids out to the car to get them all settled. We packed them each in their own carry on. I wish I packed THEM in the big bag and US in the carry-ons.
Papa and Mer Mer had a VERY special birthday gift for the girls that they brought to the airport about it. Mer Mer was so excited to give it to them.
My mom had sent my old American Girl Dolls to the doll hospital and had them spiffied up for them! Kara got Addy and Kate got Kirsten. This made me so happy. It's fun to see them enjoying them.

Our first stop after the hour and a half at the airport for the bags we went 10 minutes to the beach!! MY KIDS WERE IN HEAVEN! So was I. Even just looking at these pictures makes me relaxed. And homesick. So, so beautiful.



Pure jubilee.

 
Serenity.

We weren't very prepared for the beach, dress wise. I knew we should have changed them into bathing suits, but we didn't want them to get to wet or sandy, especially Kate and Zach, our mud children.


I knew it. Too tempting! They were changed right into their pjs.

I walked in on this. :) WARM MY HEART! I haven't found my Kirsten and Addy books yet, but Mom was reading a bit of the "Meet Molly" book while Kara held Molly. I need to find these books and read them to my girls!
 
They love their Mer Mer. I so wish they lived closer.

The next morning we had a fun family breakfast! And by family I mean EVERYONE (except Cody and Jess)...that's 42 people!

Makin' waffles with my honey buns! Like my new pjs? Borrowed from my mother. We were still hoping for our things to be discovered somewhere randomly. I think I need a nightgown.

Carrie might hate this picture, but I had to put it in as a memoir of my red pjs. I brought them for the exact purpose for us to take a twinners picture and for us to have out in our pjs together. :( They will be sorely missed.
 
Waffle bar! Needless to say I didn't get any whipped cream.

Here is 1/3 of the grand kids. And our 96 year old Nanny peeking at the bottom.
 
My niece got a long board and I hadn't ever tried one, so I did. In my mom's pjs again. It's not a Christmas party if your don't stay in your pjs. And your dad's croc sandals.
  

  
After Sea World I went to the San Diego Temple to meet up with my sisters for a GIRLS NIGHT!!!!!!!! I was so excited about this and love my husband for making this happen. We've wanted to have a girls trip, but I've realized that this is not a total reality so we decided to just do what we could do and have a night at a hotel. It started to late, and we were all too tired, but we still had fun. Anyway, I've never seen the temple with so many lights!
 
Look at the cool palm tree lights!
 




So beautiful. Like Disneyland, but even better! :)
 
This was a little piece of heaven. I love my sister and they are too far away. :( It was so good to see them and hang out. We needed 3 more days. :)
 
 
These two handsome men accompanied us. :) Westan and Catcher.




Little did they know...
That night we ALL went to Oscar's. I LOVE PAT AND OSCAR'S greek salad and bread sticks! They were so accommodating and we went on kids eat free Tuesday so all this food was $75!!!!!!
 
The other side.

And the next day we had a beach day!!! It wasn't that warm, but the kids didn't care.
 
I was freezing, wrapped in towels and sheets. Addie came and laid on me. We tried to get a picture of it, but it didn't work. Then she kept putting sand on my head. Not fun. Had to sit up.

I LOVE WATCHING MY KIDS PLAY! Zach and Michael.

Addie and Malia.
 


Look at this cute beach baby!


Katie got some awesome silhouette pictures.
Magical!

This is so beautiful to me. I love the beach. I love my baby.

I photo bombed the cousin picture.

Jumping cousins.
Love this one of Zachy boy.


We stayed ALL DAY and had a bonfire on the beach. BEST DAY EVER.
YUM.
Cousins, the beach, and s'mores...it can't get any better.


We had so much fun that day that we went back the next day! We went to Newport Beach/Balboa Island.

We weren't going to get in suits, but then they were getting too crazy so we suited up again!

So, so gorgeous. We could completely see the Catalina Islands!

Katie did a few more silhouette shots with my other baby. :)



Another day we went to the high school farm to see animals!

Uncle Tino took the babes on a little ride.
 

Another thing that had to happen was an American Girl tea party. They got all the dolls and lined them up.

Cheers.

These guy are buddies. :) Cannon and Addie. 6 weeks apart.


The night before we left the kids got in the hot tub. Why didn't we get in there sooner!

Heaven...again.
 


Our "Say goodbye to Grandma" picture. :( Time's up. So sad. We had a great trip! 
And we are home. Brrr!
Beautiful drive home.
Blowing snow. It's beautiful too. :) Just a lot colder.
Pretty cool, a train  in the snowy mountains.

6 comments:

Kamry Low said...

I love reading about your California trips. Your kids are so lucky to have grandparents there and be able to visit. Just seems like a fairy tail. Can we be adopted in to the crippen family??

love all the photos!

Maren said...

Seriously, how are you living here when you could be there? I feel sad for you. Even if it is beautiful here in its own way, it's just a heck of a lot warmer in Cali with your fam!! Sigh....

Alysha Sladek said...

What a fun trip. All those beach pics made me homesick for you. So beautiful. I love how big your family is. I wish my kids had so many cousins.

BUB said...

1. Aw. The beach. Serenity and all those things. Love.
2. Whipped cream is always the first thing gone.
3. You look like you are escaping from a mental hospital in that pic with you in the nightgown on the longboard.
4. If your sisters are just like you, I wish I could have been in that hotel room with you that night. I bet it was a blast.
5. Wishing you many more trips to Cali in the near future

BUB said...

And I'm sorry about your bag! How annoying.

Katie said...

Kamry, you ARE family... so come on down! Amelia, It was so fun to be there together. Let's do it again!