Papa and Mer Mer arrived just in time for dinner and boy were the kids excited!!! They got here 2 days after I was due (by the ultrasound dates...) but 5 days before my (real) due date. Basically 3/4 of the way through I started going by the ultrasound dates which were 9 days earlier so I could be induced a week earlier because we all knew I'd make it to the date and beyond. Induction date was set for September 5, 2014, but we were all hoping he would come earlier so that my parents could be there longer. They had to leave on the 6th to go to Spokane for Evan's (my bro Cody and Jessica's baby boy) baby blessing that would be on the 7th! Busy family!
SO happy to see Papa and MerMer! They sure love them!
Peek a boo! Just love when the kids take awesome shots like this. :)
Mom and Dad brought up good tidings of great joy from Utah and California...PRESENTS for Baby E! This was a quilt Sherelda made for Everett! I LOVED the colors! They were perfect! And such cute fabrics. Even better was that it was a long skinny quilt, perfect for a...
...car seat cover! We just added ribbon and made it into a cover! I didn't have one yet and was going to attempt one, but now I didn't have to! YAY! Okay baby...we are ready for you! COME OUT!
He prolonged his bedtime the night before school by yanking on it and twisting it and...
...VOILA! Out it came. After a lot of time and wiggling. Right after this we took a video of him singing "All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth..." You've got 3 months kid. :)
One of the favorite pastimes when Papa and Mer come...the iPad!
Monday (Labour Day--I wish it was MY labour day!!) we took them to Waterton. It was the last day Justin could fish so he met Ben there and we all drove up to Cameron Lake. That was one place we didn't take the family during the reunion and I wanted to show everyone it. It was horribly windy, stormy, and cold so we left the boys up there to have their fun and went around the town site and lake. Thinking back what I remember most about this day was feeling so sick, coughing like crazy, congested, hormonal, and just DONE! I felt pressure to have him soon so I could have mom and dad be there with him for longer and I was so tired of being sick, not hearing, barely tasting...I didn't even want to be around me anymore I was so complainy! Great memories.
Addie getting braids just like her big sisters. They all wanted wavy hair for their first day of school the next day!
Zach started Grade 2 with Mrs. Anderson.
And these cuties are finally in Kindergarten! I know I will be glad they are on the older end rather than the younger end of their grade, but they just seem OVER ready for kindergarten!
I had to include this one...their first day with their new clothes (I had a panic attack about a week before school thinking "I haven't bought any fall/winter clothes for the girls and there is NO way I can get to Lethbridge with the girls with a brand new baby?! Who planned for the September baby?!" So that night I ordered online and they came right to our post office. Nice.) Addie really wanted to be just like sissies! :) Backpack and everything. She really wants to go to school! I don't want her to ever leave! I am finally figuring out this 'kids growing up' thing. I feel like life was just SO busy and hectic with my version of triplets that I kinda pushed them on to growing up out of survival mode. Now I see just how fast it goes. :( Plus Addie's such a doll face. When the girls were just starting Kindergarten I wished they were starting Grade 1 so they would be at school all day...but now, a few months into it I am cherishing the time we have with them home because soon they are gone A LOT! I will miss them!!!
Playing "Don't Eat Pete!" A favorite around here.
These kids sure kept the tooth fairy busy this first week of school!
The second (or third?!) tooth he lost that week! Toothless!
Well, I made it to Everett Eve...September 4. We all knew I would. Many prayed I'd go sooner, me included, but he wanted to be on the 5th! And it was a good more convenient day...just not for the Papa and MerMer leaving the next day plan. :( Anyway, this day was spent finishing his quilt and getting a pedicure from my good friend Kay.
I was so excited to finally be doing the quilt! And more excited to be doing with Mom! Someone who knows what to do!
Thanks Kay for my Jamberries! It was something fun to look at while pushing! :) And yes I know I have a huge space (perfect for flip flops!) and that my toes are webbed. #shouldabeenaswimmer
And my neighbor strikes again! THEY ARE SO GORGEOUS!
One time when mom was visiting we made a butter pecan cake with a caramel frosting that was amazing. She requested it again, so we made a pre-birthday cake for Everett! See her slaving over the quilt back there? :)
Dad caught a cute candid moment. :) And I promise I don't usually let my toddler have shoes on the counter! Gross. Just saw that. They aren't even allowed in the house really like every good Canadian family teaches their kids! But I was sick, deaf, and pregnant, and she is cute. :)
The last prego supper. ALL from the garden! I was nervous to eat all of this...we had steak too...Kamry you know why!
Mom made the cookies with the kids earlier on in the week and they saved them to make something for the new baby. :) Mom is good at doing fun things like that. I love her.









3 comments:
cute cute cute! I love your family
You and your mo always do cute things! I eyed you guys at my house right before baby comes! I was one praying your baby would come early 😉 felt bad how sick you were... And yes very brave of you to eat that meal day before delivery. Ha
You are so cute!!! And tall enough that your belly fits on top of the counter!! I am waaay to short for that!! My belly always put me at least a foot out from the counter. Lucky girl!!
Post a Comment