Sunday, February 3, 2008

Deals, Scissors, and Man-Clothes!

Yeah for selling used stuff on the internet! I got two great deals this week from websites where people sell their old stuff. Luckily up here in Edmonton, people only have a few kids and buy really nice stuff for them, so I can benefit from their hand-me-downs! :) We finally got Zach a crib this week and I absolutely love it! He has just been in the pack and play Graco crib thing. Anyway, it is a solid crib. I love buying used luxury!
I also found this nice glider rocker on the same website. It still looks brand new! It is really nice to rock in, since Zach STILL doesn't sleep through the night. This was the first day I put Zach in a button up shirt and tie for church. He looked so manly! :) Also, I chopped my hair...again! It seems there comes a length where I feel it is just starting to look blah, and then I chop it. I miss my little ponytail, especially when I run, but it is pretty easy to do this way, and kinda fun. While it was getting cut I commented that I felt older. Afterward, the lady told me she thought it made me look younger. I asked her how old she thought I was when I came in and she said 28-32!!!! What! I told her it was a good thing I got this haircut then, because I am only 23! AHHHH!

9 comments:

Lant Family said...

Haha that makes me laugh that they thought you were so old. I am going to chop my hair this spring. Just a little more growing time. I am going to donate it so I want to have 10 inches. I am going to so a spring makeover. ---if I say makeover maybe I can get a new outfit out of it as well. And don't ya love the great things you can find in the internet. Great buys!

Jordan and Ariana said...

Man we have to get a tie for Jaxon, that looks so cute! I have to brag about our little boy, he sleeps through the night GREAT! He goes down at 7:00 pm sharp, and usually sleeps straight through till 8:00ish in the morning. I have no idea how we trained him to do that, but we definitely feel lucky. So you guys ready for spring or what??

Dustin Family said...

Amelia you are one hot middle aged mamma!! Hahahaha!! I can't believe your deals! Dude! You are so lucky!!! I want you to know that I wrote your poem, before I knew that Zach wasn't sleeping through the night... :) LOVE YA!

Lori and Matt said...

That crib is gorgeous! Great finds! And I like the hair cut, it's really cute!

Cathi said...

Oh my your crib is so beautiful!! I think Brian was about Zach's age before he got a crib too. I'm not sure what your hairdresser was thinking but no way do you or did you look 28!! Darling hair cut!!

Rob and Marseille said...

Christopher didn't sleep through the night until he was 13 months old. We cut out his binkie and I stopped nursing him. Then he was cured.

Anonymous said...

Such a cute buy! Good job shopping the bargains and waiting for the right find.

Anonymous said...

Amelia, Hang in there. Reese isn't sleeping through the night yet either. These darn kids. Oh well - I always say their cuteness makes up for it. Cute hair!
Jessica Swendsen

Loralee said...

Hi Low family! I'm glad that we found you guys here. We can't believe how big Zach has gotten! He was just a little guy when you left. It looks like you guys are having a blast!
-Taylor and Loralee