Friday, August 21, 2009

4th Stop: CALIFORNIA!!!

On our way to Cali-For-Ni-A. We stopped at this nice rest stop outside of St. George, Utah to eat lunch, feed the girls, and climb some trees. I think that was our last stop if I am not mistaken. GREAT TRAVELERS!!!
This is Nanny, my Grandma, and her roomie.

My friend Meghan was in town from NY and came to see us. Thanks Meghan!

Here is Zach helping the worker. Loving the uniform.



BEACH DAY!!!
Carlsbad, CA

My little California Girl at the beach.

This was so funny! At least it was to us. Zach just kept pouring the water on Michael's head, and he just took it. Leave him alone Zach! In the background are cousins Leneah, Kaela, Cameron, and Boogie Boarding Brenna.

The Sand Man himself.


Dallin is such a cutie. I can't get over it.

Tired sandy eyes. Poor guy.


DalPal is just TOO cute!
(Carrie, look at
your tiny arm!)

Love this shot. Look at those eyes Michael! You are a stud.


Here is Dallin playing with Kate. Cousinly love.

Kate pulling yet another face a the beach. Loving the palm trees in the background. The first time Justin came to visit me in California he kept commenting on the palm trees. I thought nothing of them. Now that I have been gone for so long, I always notice (and miss) the palm trees everywhere!

Kate's beach side resort pool. Notice Zach in the background playing with the seaweed. Seaweed and sand. He loves it. The water...not so much.
Fighting and quarreling already. What shall we do? At least it is over a volleyball. My kind of girls.

One of their first big girl baths. Two cute.

I also got to see my friend Briana from Arizona. I love catching up with everyone!
San Diego Zoo!!
We went to the San Diego Zoo with Carrie and her kids and Papa. dad must have all of the pictures, because these are the only 2 I have of the day! Sad!!

It was SO hot!
Michael, Pap, Zach, and Kaela arriving. Michael loved the ride!

Why have kids you ask? Because some day, they'll be useful! Mom's blanket partially fell off the wall. She had asked Justin to put it back up. He wanted me to get on his shoulders, but knowing that if he didn't die from the weight, I would die from the fall, we quickly nominated nimble Leneah to do the job. So convenient. She did a great job too.
Pat and Oscar's
Temecula, CA

The best bread sticks in THE ENTIRE WORLD I am pretty sure.
ZaCaMichael on the Merry Go Round (Zachary,Cameron, and Michael). Nice bum Cams! What a jockey.

Kaela, Leneah, and Brenna smashed into the helicopter.

Kate sneaking some soda...pop...whatever.

This is a memorial in the Oscar's park to Veterans in the area. Michael, the little one in the front, ran up to it and said "Daddy!!!" and climbed on his shoulders. It was HILARIOUS! I was too late getting the camera out to take a picture of it, but all the rest of the grand kids willingly posed for this shot.


And what would an Oscar's trip be without feeding the ducks!

Angie was just lounging on the grass when all of a sudden Zach comes up and perches his chin on her. It was cute. It was funny. It was cunny? Fute?
"Ah, this is the life."

Um, flexible?Aw, me and Just.
Something has come between us.
A cute shot of Papa and Mare-mare with the girls. My mom's name is Mary and to distinguish the Grandmas, he calls her Mare-mare. How do you want to spell it Mom?


Almost a successful family shot.

Now that's more like it. Let's be realistic. Life with the Low's.

We brought Nanny some delicious blueberries. At least Zach thought so! ;) Good think Nanny is such a good sharer!

This is a familiar Zach sight. He just fills his hands, then his mouth, and scarfs down food. It is pretty funny, but mostly disgusting. Justin says it reminds him of the Helen Keller movie when she is running around the table, grabbing food off of every one's plate and eating like an animal...out of control. Needless to say, he is not a big fan. :) Anyone know what part of that movie I am talking about? I need to watch it again so I will know how to make him eat like a civilized human being. :)
Sea World
I love Sea World!! It was a great day, even though we almost lost Zach 2 or 3 times. That kid is nuts! I am really considering getting him a monkey backpack leash thing. It is getting dangerous. I have never been more scared in my life.
Zach enjoying his sandwich with Collin and Brenna.


Us in the shark tank...see them? Me neither.
Exploring sea stars.
Kaela found one!
Zach and Michael going for the same one...good thing their legs grow back.
No, nothing happened.

Zach witnesssing whale power.
Mom, Dad, Brenna, and Leneah sat in the SOAK ZONE!!!

Penguins and tired, tired eyes. I wish he would just fall asleep in a stroller!
Talk about close encounters!Zach jumping off the whale as it jumps out of the water. Cool trick!
An extremely cute picture of Zach and Papa.
I love the Beluga whales!
PIONEER DAY CELEBRATION!

PULL!!!! This was SO awesome. At the Pioneer Day Activity, our Ward TOTALLY took 1st place. We are SO strong. I attribute it to practically my entire family being home and attending the function. It was really tiring but really fun. This is going to sound funny, but I really felt a correlation of the waxing and waining of the rope as I slacked off or pulled harder. Seriously, I am pretty sure I was the deciding factor! :) The pictures are blurry, but they are great!
Check out Harvey's face...right behing my ponytail.
I love how Justin and I are just pulling with all of our might looking at each other. I love Chris's face too! (My oldest brother)

Yeah Tino! Go Bishop Drake! Heave...Yeah Justin, Go Chris and Harvey! Go me! You can tell this is right in the thick of things. Michelle, you are having too much fun! This is serious business!
WORKING TOGETHER ACCOMPLISHES MUCH!


Pull Zach, pull!! He kept saying "Pull" it was cute.
All of the young kids had a competition too.
My wonderful friends Kristen and Sherri LOVED the girls. I could really use them up here!!! Come visit, Kristen!!!
My second set of parents practically, Lyle and Mariel Parker (Kristen's mom and dad). Love them!
Yummy chocolate pudding!
One of the cousins put this teddy bear football helmet on Kara.

"Blue 32! Blue 32! Hut...Hut...Hike!"

Kate decided she would just play with this chair while she waited for us to go to church. My dad and I actually made that table and chair set for my dolls. Good memories. Thanks dad!
My "twin" sister Carrie. What do you think? We actually showd up to Sunday dinner wearing practically the same outfit. At least it was the same EXACT shirt! :)
NANNY'S 92nd BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!
29 or 92? No matter!
Nanny needed some help...
Nani has the perfect blowing lips.

This was so creative! Some of the older cousins made a "Plant the Kiss on Nanny" game; like pin the tail on the donkey. Jeffrey drew a very good portrait of Nanny. I love the party hat she is wearing. So cute! All of the kids had a great time with it!

Now you can see the resemblance!
Great shot of all 22 great grandchildren...wait! 21! Who's missing?
Kaela! She waltzed in after we had already taken several shots! HA! That's what happens when there are SO MANY kids around!
David showing Nanny the rules.
Wow, incredible Spencer! Right on the lips! Are you SURE you can't see???????
Cameron kissed the balloon string.
Yay Michael!
Zach's turn! He got the cheek. Perfect place for a Grandma kiss, right?The results.

Dad showing Nanny her new digital frame with pictures of the family.

We also gave her a thing of 92 links saying things we love about Nanny and memories we have with her.
This long chain represents her life! WHOA! What a life. She is amazing.

What we do at Mare-Mare's house. Walk barefoot around with cousins eating ice cream bars.

Kaela helped the girls get dressed up one day before we headed out. So silly, Kaela!!


THE FAMILY REUNION!!!!
OCEANSIDE, CA

Zach with his cousin Reagan in the back racing to the fire to rescue the people.


Reagan LOVES babies...especially the girls. She'll be a great mother someday! Her children will ALWAYS have their soothers!
Climbing the tree.
LOVE this picture of Michael and Reagan. What a ham, Michael!
Here is Katie's youngest, Samara. Too cute.
All ready to tie dye shirts!!! I REALLY didn't want to spill on my clothes so I created this lovely trash bag outfit. The plastic yellow belt at the waistline really helps define the waist and keep the two bags together and the pointy sleeves give it its modern chic flair. Also, this stunning outfit fools the eye. You probably think it is a skirt and that you would have to be worried about it flying up, but NO!! It is a koolat outfit! (If that is how you spell it...)
Here we are tie dying our reunion shirts.
Fun stuff. If you have never done it, do it. It was liberating for a perfectionist like me to finally just throw in the towel and start squirting dye. Design? What's that?

Chris's awesome shirt all ready to be dyed. While we were there Nani got an early birthday present! A bike!!!
Justin and I riding the tandem bike. We only crashed once. United we ride, divided we fall. :)
Wacky Zachy riding the tandem, alone?

Mom and Dad brought Elder Crippen to the reunion. The grandkids loved it! Me too! Miss you Cody! See you in less than a year!

All of the little darlings, Kate, Kara, and Aubree.

The Whole Fam Damily (minus lil' bro Cody)...Count them...12 Adults, 22 kids 13 and under. Wow. Ready, Mom and Dad;Chris, Sherelda, Jeffrey, David, Joshua, Spencer, Ryan, Tyler, Aubree; Carrie, Harvey,Leneah, Kaela, Michael, Dallin; Angie, Roy, Madison, Sydney, Brenna, Cameron, Reagan; Katie, Tino, Nani, Keandra, Samara; Amelia, Justin, Zachary, Kate, Kara...(and Cody!) whew!
Our Fam...This is going up in the living room. :) We may have our Halloween costumes all ready for this year! :) You can tell the girls were laughing at little cousins...looking so far down.
(Zach was SO done with pictures.)
My totally psychadelic parents.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Such fun updates! Thanks!

Lant Family said...

Wow you guys have been busy! You are so lucky you were able to get out and explore this summer. You guys all look great and seems like you have been up to a bunch of fun things.

Katie said...

So fun to look at see all that you did! That is one thing about winter-living people...we sure know how to live it up in the summertime!