Friday, December 18, 2009

American Thanksgiving...AKA Cardston ALUMNI Tourney!

Man, it has been so long that I don't even know if I have missed anything between Halloween and Remembrance day and Thanksgiving that I was going to post! So we'll just do Thanksgiving and our fun weekend in Cardston.
Since I am Canadian now (practically) we celebrate Thanksgiving in October. Never in my life will the void of American Thanksgiving be filled. My favorite holiday because it kicks off all of the Christmas fun. The parades, the food, the family, the football...love it. Miss it. Woe is me. That is, unless we move back to the states and celebrate it every year. Up here in Canada though, Justin's hometown has a cool tradition. All of the "Uncle Rico's" that want to come back and play in the Alumni tournament every American Thanksgiving weekend. It is a fundraiser for the high school basketball teams and is actually a lot of fun. Fun and Funny. That is for sure. I think Justin has been to all of them except one since we were married. Maybe 2. Anyway, I love watching my man play. He is good, not going to lie. He told me that he wishes that I could have seen him in is prime! HA! I love it. No, for those of you who know Justin...and his whole family...you know that he LOVES sports. Especially basketball. This tournament he was on a team with his younger brother Richard. Their team won the tourney. Richard got the All Star and Justin the MVP. They're that good. That's right. I'm the 2009 Cardston Alumni Tournment MVP's wife. :)
This was a fun picture to get. Those girls are FAST now. Even on a trampoline. They all love Auntie Karen!
Right before this Kara was so sad. Apparently she doesn't like grass?? Zach is a good fun big brother.
I have to say, I really don't enjoy bundling kids in the winter. It takes FOREVER and you have to plan an extra 15 minutes to go anywhere...BUT they look SO CUTE bundled. Little pink cheeks. Cute Cute. We'll NEVER lose them in these coats!

Kara knows how to work the camera.

Every picture of Kate's was blurry. But she was so happy!
ZACH LOVES KAREN.
Enough said.
One day Justin brought a little pine seedling home to plant. Mom said okay thinking it would never survive. He planted it in the front yard. Here's half of it's trunk 20 years later. Well, what's left of it. They had to cut it down because the roots are ruining the house! AH!

Zach loves Auntie Joanie too! She always brings him presents. This time it was a candy stuffed cane. I don't think he understood there was candy inside. He decided to walk around with it instead. This makes me think...where has he ever seen anyone walk with a cane?
Quality time with Karen.

Auntie Joanie flew up from Texas (35 weeks prego!!) to see all of us! We threw her a baby shower. Good luck Joanie!

At Joanie's shower...Kamry caught me eating all of the cream puffs.
Kate loves Muffy the cat. She was a little nervous though too. You can see it on her face here. She pulled this face every time she saw the cat. Excited or something?

...or scared?!
Poor Muffy! The girls (and Zach) chased her everywhere. Oreo was smarter. I think I saw her once all weekend.

Grandma and Leslie playing with the girls. Thank goodness for extra hands. I love you all!!
Kara and Grandma French. An avid sports fan. She came/comes to ALL of her grand kids' sports.
Justin sucking Kate's blood...or giving her a zerbert. Cute.
Kara and Grandma. I love this picture.

Joanie and Kate. Kate LOVED the music and danced to it every time it came on.
So where was Zach this whole time during the games you ask? Well, he danced a little. And played with GG Low's hair.
And her glasses.
And with Blum Blum. (Great Grandpa Low) I love that I have a picture with him with his hat backwards. I love Grandpa Low.
Zach loves to play with him. It is so cute. Here they were playing "I steal your hat and you try to get me." It was so funny. He'd take the hat and go far away from him and taunt him saying "Yoo Hoo!!!" until Grandpa would swing around and try and get him.
Victorious.

At the tourney. Why I love Alumni. A bunch of old flabby (not you hon) out of shape dads come together again and play their game. Zach wanted to go sit with Justin so bad. Check out his cheeks full of water.
I love this shot. I really wish this shot wasn't blurry.
Manual zoom, focusing, big flash...please? Maybe when we're out of school. :)
Woo woo! My favorite pic of them all. I bet you all wish this one wasn't blurry. He'll probably make me take this one off. If it wasn't blurry, you'd be able to see his huge biceps, bulging pecs, and his cut 6-pack. Yep. Too bad it's blurry.
Ladies and Gentlemen...
I give you the 2009 Cardston Alumni Champions.
The sweaty men and their proud wives.
Karen and Joanie celebrating the victory!
Yep, that is my son with the cleaning lady. Climbing the C. Justin, Brian, Richard, and Leslie are there on the court if anything happens, right?
Too cute Karen. Getting ready to go.
And we're outta here! Kate and Kara get NEW CAR SEATS next week!!

2 comments:

PamH said...

amelia, i LOVED the girls little winter outfits! boots, hats, coats, all of it!! thanks for all the pics, they were fun to look at! and i loved your post on mothering advice too...you're definitely an awesome example! no doubt about it!!!
i'm right there with you with keeping expectations low...every time i look at what a mess my house is, i just think, oh well, i'd rather have babies than a clean house! lol!
oh, and i thought i'd tell you about one of the games derick remembers playing against justin...he said justin was 100% that game...didn't miss a single shot. :) or maybe justin has all ready boasted about that one to you? i'm pretty sure it was in raymond...not that you don't all ready know how good he is. :)

Angie, Roy, etc. said...

Loved all the pics. I need a way that I can comment under each one though because by the time I got to the bottom I can't remember what I was going to say. That is a seriously great pic of you with the cream puffs. It looks so natural and beautiful. I think I'll go get some cream puffs and see if it works for me too!
Loved the girls winter gear. So, so cute. I miss you all.