Friday, January 15, 2010

Christmas 2009!

We left Christmas Eve after Justin got done with his shift and drove down to Cardston. This was supposed to be the other spouses family's year, so we ended up being the only married family that was there! My mom and dad had come a few weeks earlier to celebrate Christmas with us. It was relatively warm in Cardston, so it was basically like we were in California anyway...right... Anyway, it was kind of fun to have Grandma and Papa and Karen and Dallin to ourselves! :) Quaint. We did miss all the rest of the family too though. Anyway, we arrived Christmas Eve night, had dinner, visited, went to bed, and the next day it was CHRISTMAS!!!

Christmas Morning! Zach showing off some of the loot.



Lucky Guy. The big box was for him!!! What was it??






A tricycle! He is still learning how to ride it. He runs into things sometimes and pedals backwards other times. Someday!



The girls opening their stockings!





Can anyone guess what this is?






Kara has this thing with climbing on things. Instead of opening it she just wanted to sit on all of her presents. Funny girl!



Stuff for their kitchen at home.



Uncle Dallin with Kara Beara.



Hi Papa! Tender moment with Karen and Grandma. She got some BEAUTIFUL pearls!

AND SANTA BROUGHT ME A BOSCH!!!!!!

I LOVE IT!



The girls with their favorite toy. Those poor cats. Whenever we come, one disappears and this one just keeps running or hides. It is funny.



Cynthia with our HUMONGOUS turkey. It was seriously the biggest one I have ever seen. 29 lbs! That's like Zach! You can't tell in this picture, but it was MASSIVE! It almost didn't fit in her biggest roasting pan!


My favorite boys. I think this was on the way to nap time...

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a GOOD NIGHT!

HAPPY BOXING DAY!!


On Boxing Day we went and played with one of Justin's good friends Skyler and his son Bryleigh. We went quadding in the snow and drove up to a farm where the boys explored. It was so cool! Then they went sledding.

Here's Justin being a man, pulling some 360s. Just kidding. Whenever we talk about quads, he says "Appropriately named." Get it? They can be dangerous, but we were very careful and slow. We've discovered that we are not the dare devil type. I am pretty much a pansy.

Justin got stuck so Skyler had to help him out.


Zach was really scared to get on at first, but after a few seconds, he LOVED it!
The Cardston golf course covered in snow. There were some deer that we may or may not have chased off of Skyler's property down onto the golf course. See them?


Here is the farm! A real red barn and everything!

Here we are going into the chicken coop.
Skyler was telling them to look for eggs. We didn't find any. BOY did it stink in there though. And it was SOO loud.

Zach looking for eggs. Good thing he has that mitt on. I once kissed a chicken, who gave me a peck back...literally. I have the scar on my lip to prove it. :)


My cute farm boy in the hay bales. For some reason I always thought I would marry a cowboy. "Cowboy take me away..." I have always wanted to live on a farm. Well, at least have chickens. We go through eggs like crazy. It would be great. Instead I married a rancher's grandson. Close enough right? He does like to garden, and he definitely did take me away. I guess I got what I wanted? :) Maybe my dream can come true someday here in Cardston! :)


This just reminded me of a great place for a live nativity. Can you imagine having a baby in a place like this? Poor Mary.

The boys and the cows.
Time to sled! I just think that it is so cute that Justin and Skyler went to school together and now their little boys are playing together. Aww! :)










Zach and Papa. I like this picture. Just all cuddled up.





In our Christmas Sunday best.


I tried to get some pictures of the kids in their Christmas outfits after church...Uh, that was fun.

Kate's face is so funny here!



TIME AWAY!!!!




Weird picture, I know, but it is THE ONLY picture I took on my Calgary get away. I met up with a few girlfriends in Calgary. We shopped, we ate, we talked, we ate, we hot tubbed, we talked, and we finally slept,

ALL WITHOUT ANY KIDS!!

Stinks that I still woke up at 7 though. Can't even sleep in when I am away! Between the 5 of us that were there, there are 13 1/2 kids! That is why this was a big deal. I do love these boots though. I took a picture to remember what they looked like because the store didn't have my size. TOO BIG! Anyway, it was such a wonderful break and so much fun to just go and be. I have to say thank you to Justin and his fam for taking care of the kids. THANK YOU THANK YOU!


Zach LOVES Karen, what can I say. This was at Dallin's basketball tourney in Raymond. After a huge brawl (on the court and in the stands...) they won the Sugar Bowl! Go Cougars!



The girls putting their long fingers to work.



Another example of Kara sitting on things. She climbed up there by herself and just sat there. So funny.








THE BEST xase of hat head i have ever seen! This was at Karen's basketball tourney in Magrath. YEAH ZACH!



Nice Fauxhawk! I did nothing but take his hat off.

Kate with Great Grandpa Low.

He sings to them in their ear and really gets them listening.

"De deedle de, deedle de bum bum."


Kate and Kara trying out the trike.


I really wish Justin's hand wasn't in front of Kara's face because I actualy got them smiling AND both looking. That is not easy.



This is why Zach loves to come to Grandma's house. There is candy everywhere! You just have to know where to find it. He found a big costco box of Smarties and was in heaven. You know when he is quiet, some thing is up...


Caught ya! It was quiet again. When Grandma caught him she yelped and said, you better get your camera! He had found leftover Halloween suckers and opened and ate not 1, not 2, not 3, but 4 little suckers at the same time!

GUILTY!



All of these holidays really tired Kara out. Better head home!




Thanks for a great time Lows! We had so much fun and felt spoiled to have you all to ourselves. Here is to next Christmas, where we will have at least 21 people! 6, 3 and under! :)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

What a fun Christmas! Do you love your Bosch?! I received a kitchen-aid when we got married. It's been good to me, but i've always wanted a bosch. Maybe one day...And love the bike. Callie got the same one for Christmas...except hers is blue and red. She loves it. Every kid needs a good bike with a little cubby in the back right. I never had one and look at how messed up I am!

Ashley and Paul Giddings said...

Still can't believe you have twins! Crazy. My husband is an identical twin and I always say it better skip a generation! I can't imagine how exhausting newborn twins would be! You are a good woman!

Alysha Sladek said...

congrats on the bosch - very exciting!! and i have to say i love the hole in justin's sock hahaha. i seriously CANNOT believe the picture of the boot was the ONLY picture taken... LAMEO!!! hahahhaha sounds like a great holiday!

Mommamia said...

Thanks for the update=we feel like we were there too! What a fun Christmas! Love Zach's mohawk and kara sitting on the box and ? and Kate so expressive. the 4 suckers is a classic! You will love your Bosch-almost as much as you love the man who gave it to you!

Julie said...

What a fun time! We missed being there with you, but look forward to the craziness of next year :)