HAPPY BIRTHDAY ZACHY!!

(Katie found this shirt for him. It is PERFECT! He loves to be a hero "to the rescue!" He's flexing for you all by the way...)
The day after Easter, Zach turned 3! I have a 3 year old! Now I can say I have 3, 3 and under. Sounding a little more reasonable, right? Better than 3, 2 and under! AH!!! I think it is crazier now for some reason...ANYWAY. Poor Zachy had a boring birthday. It was Justin's first day off for his week break he had, but I was SO SICK and Zach was still a little sick I think too. He had thrown up in the car the day before. Yuck. Anyway, it was just another day, until finally in the afternoon I started feeling better and had a bit more energy to actually move. We got pizza, 3 balloons (which he thinks are THE BEST) and then his friend Avery came over for an egg hunt and cake. Sorry about your lame birthday buddy! Good thing you don't really know or care! We love you SO MUCH and think you are fun and hilarious!
What 3 year old look like all caught up in balloons.UNDERWEAR! HALLELUJAH!!!!
Nicole (Avery and Anna's mom) with a lapful of my girls. She is the best.
The egg par-tay. Zach and Avery are a month apart and so are Anna and the girls. Hopefully Troy and Nicole are waiting a while for the next one...we aren't ready yet!
Cute little Avery and Zachy. Best buds.Kids love egg hunts. I think I'll do them more than once a year! They had a great time finding them and then hiding them again for each other...as long as they each got the same amount afterward. Yikes.

Found one!

Kara enjoying the view
CAKE TIME!!!!
This is how Zach shows us how old he is. Easier? I guess... Zach said he wanted a green circle cake with Marty on top, so that is what he got. BORING, but I was SO glad I had a round cake in the freezer (good thinking mom!) and some pre-made frosting. All I had to do was dye it green. Nice. I felt DISGUSTING that whole day and wanted NOTHING to do with food. Especially sugar. I love to do cakes and make really cute, creative, time consuming ones (like last year's), but I'm learning that he doesn't really care and he was happy with this. More than happy. He was thrilled. Elated. Marty was on his cake! I guess the "grass" makes it fancy. I know, I do what I can! :)
Zach SO happy with his bubble mower! Thanks Bumma and Papa! Too bad it doesn't really mow the lawn! (I guess there isn't much of one anyway!)
"Pop. pop. pop..."
The next day...I found Zach with his snack...He broke the lock off our refrigerator door last week and now he thinks anything in free game. Working on that. Man these kids keep me on my toes...
Kate's new trick. I looked over and there she was, perched and ready, sitting on a chair at the table. No, she climbs onto the table, up the couch, and into Kara's high chair. Kara got Zach's looks, Kate got his personality/abilities...
Gross windblown picture of sicky me and my cute 3 year-old! I LOVE YOU BUDDY! You are HILARIOUS! I love your little questions, phrases, the way you explain things, and the words and ideas you come up with. You are a smart boy with a lot to say and do. Please, can I have some of your energy? Maybe for my birthday... :) 

8 comments:
Happy Birthday Zachy! I can't believe he's 3 now, he's getting so big and wearing underwear, woohoo! It's funny how much time and effort we put into their birthdays and they really don't care at all, they're just as happy with something simple. Glad he had a fun day!
Your Family is so adorable!!!
sorry to hear you're sick. that's brutal. looks like you pulled off some fun times for him though. happy birthday zach!!
that first picture of Zach is hilarious! I love his snack!!
Happy Birthday Zach! He is so cute!!
Yay! We're so glad he was born. We love you Zach! Hope you're feeling better Amelia! Love you all!
What a big boy! what a great cake, so glad kids are easily impressed gives me hope!
Post a Comment