Saturday, September 18, 2010

Echo Lake #1

Echo Lake!!!
After 2 weeks of Lethbridge the kids and I stayed a few days at Echo Lake, Montana. We flew to California out of Missoula, so we figured what the heck, let's go relax a bit at the lake before we go! Justin's 2 sisters that we don't get to see very often were there with their 2 cuties (their babies I'm speaking of...) so we went to have some Low cousin time.
Too bad I stink at photography and didn't think to use a flash with how bright the background was. If you look close though, the girls are cute!

Here...now you don't have to look so close.


Kate is obsessed with shoes. Much of her time at Echo was trying all of the shoes on that were lying around.



Oh so beautiful Kara.


"Sittin' on the dock of the bay, wasting time."
The girls tried to be brave in the cold water. They liked it...after they got used to it.


Kamry introduced me to the solution to treading water...the floaty diaper!! That's right, just wear your life jacket upside down and you can comfortably float with free arms.
Grandma French came down and visited the cabin for the day.

Lounging Ladies.

Zach was getting brave. He loved jumping off the dock with his life jacket on.


He also went on a boat ride without me. Oh, my little independent boy is just growing up! Tear.


We got to meet baby Jaxson, Joanie's little guy. We also got to meet Julie's cute little Claire that I didn't get any pictures of? What???


I am SOO sad I wasn't really paying attention when I took this shot. I love this picture and only wish it was centered right...sad!! But so happy.

Yes, she was spanking Kate's bum. Kate bent over so that's what she gets!

To make up for the cute smiling sister shot I missed earlier.

The newest resident at the dock.


Papa even let the girls drive the boat!!! ...when it was parked and off that is.

So Kara...is it bright out or what?

Our fun baby boat ride around the lake...MINUTES before I left for the airport to California! Jaxson looks like such a stud with those shades on.

Kate LOVED the ride. I remember she LOVED it as an 8 month old last year too. Just bouncing around the whole time.


I had to keep this one with Kara's amazing scowl. Her eyebrows have always been so expressive. When she is squinting, thinking, hurt, crying, or just staring sometimes. Funny.

She loved it.
Kate loved just staring at the water as we went too.

5 comments:

Dustin Family said...

You are SO beautiful!!! I miss you!! I LOVE the new picture of your cute family at the top of the blog! I can't believe your girls are getting so big! :) Love ya friend!!!

Jenny said...

So fun! And I love that you're wearing your lifejackets diaper style! That's how we do it too!:)

Unknown said...

I love the twinsies super cute smiles! I miss the lake so much! I am also all about the diaper style!

Kamry Low said...

echo sooo fun! forgot about the diaper photo... haha!

Maren said...

I have never heard of the diaper style! I will have to try it sometime. Oh wait, I'll never have to because I'm an amazing swimmer. Yeah. Take THAT! JK.

I LOVE the pics of the twins together! So super adorable. And Kara's squints. It reminds me of how I scowl all the time and don't mean to. We're so alike.