Wednesday, December 8, 2010

You are NOT my Sunshine?!

So every night I read a couple books and sing songs or talk with Zachary. Recently his thing has been to sing to me. Since he was a wee babe I've sung "You are my Sunshine" to him. Here's his remix:
You are not my sunshine, my only not sunshine.
You don't make me happy, when skies are not grey.
You'll never know dear, how much I don't love you.
Please take my sunshine away!!
Ah! Isn't that awful!!! And funny. He thinks it is hilarious and it has become more of a game than anything. "Hey mommy, I have a song for you..." or "Check this out Mommy..." and then he sings it, chuckling the whole way through.
He has changed it even more now to where one line is nice and then the next is from his mean song, then the next nice. It's the confusing one he calls it. I do have to say though, it impresses me that his mind works so fast to know when to say not or don't and when not to. If that makes any sense...funny boy. Every night before i leave though, he makes sure to sing the nice song to me. I know I'm his sunshine. :)


In other news, I've finally found the solution to Kara's constant wanting to be held. Get out the baby carriers again! This is one that Kamry and I actually made. It is great, minus the tons and tons of fabric that it is, but once they're on, you might as well have glued them to you. Kara liked this...too much. I did the dishes with her like this for a while. All the kids wanted a turn. And they all got one.
Below is a video of the kiddos playing Woody's Roundup, a game Papa and Mermer gave them for their birthday or Christmas or something. I love watching Kara play it. "Sessie!" She gets so panicked searching for the right character to put it on.

9 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

I want that game!!! sweet!
i'm impressed his mind works that quickly. mine sure doesn't. I chalk it up to being prego so many times...

BUB said...

All I see is BACK PAIN in that photo with you and Kara! She is WAY too big for that thang!

Jenny Fitzner said...

hahaha I love the singing the wrong way... it seems like such a boyish thing to do.

Jordana said...

That game looks so fun! That's cute that Zach makes sure he sings it the right way before you leave, so sweet! I wish we were coming down before Christmas this year, so we could do cookies again.

Kamry Low said...

kara looks so long in that! so great! must be really strong to give each of your kids a turn!
When I was babysitting they all loved that toy story game! great game!!

The Olsingchs said...

Zac is awesome. I'll laugh in my head everytime I sing that song to my kiddos. I can't believe how big your girls are looking. Where did the babies go?

Maren said...

I love Zach's song! Hahaha! What a little goof! And I can't believe you attempted the baby carrier. You're too nice. I'd be like, "deal with it!" HAha. Such a loving mother I am.

Unknown said...

Kids can be soooo mean! I hope you didn't shed too many tears over his mean song! Too funny! I love it when kids sing. I love to hear Hannah sing her made up songs. And I can't believe you carried around your kids! I guess it would be a good workout?!

Julie said...

Yikes! I hope you didn't have any back pain afterwards :) Cute kidos!! We're so excited to see you guys soon!