That's right, you read the title right. This was our Christmas Eve this year! At the beach in Oceanside, California! It wasn't HOT but the sun was out and it was warm enough to get in a suit and play in the sand. The kids had SO much fun and we basically had the beach to ourselves.
Kara and cousin Samara.
With 24 cousins running around there was always someone to play with.
Zach LOVES mud and sand so he was in heaven here!
He wrote that. No, the picture isn't backwards. :)
Kate was in heaven too!
Some of the kids went out to the jetty and found real sea stars and crabs! There were hermit crabs everywhere too.
David was one of the ones that found the crabs and such.
I love this picture of Kara. Little body, pigtails, and the beach. Perfect!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
It sure didn't feel like a typical Christmas Eve, but it was AWESOME!
After we all got home (and Kara threw up twice) Papa rigged up "The Polar Express" a.k.a. the decorated truck and trailer.
This is probably my favorite tradition and it is only getting bigger! We bundle up and go to a housing tract and slowly drive around and sing Christmas carols. It was so fun. Then we went back to the house and had hot chocolate. Mmmm. Perfect Christmas Eve. :)
Me and Justin with 2 of my sisters Angie and Carrie and their cute babies Emery and Malia.
The kids had never seen Polar Express, but they were thrilled with their tickets!
David pretended to be the conductor punching the tickets.
Dallin LOVES Polar Express and trains and such. He was in heaven!
As we were driving we stumbled on Santa!!!
They each got to talk to Santa and he gave them a little jingle bell.
Bye Santa! You better get back to work!!! You have a lot of work to do!
6 comments:
Looks like so much fun. I just love your family!
I saw the beach, sand, ocean, green grass...why do I live in Edmonton! Best Christmas EVER! That polar express idea is really cute!
Are you all wearing tuques in the polar express just so it felt like Christmas? Or was it actually cold. I can't imaging playing on the beach in a swimsuit and then tuques at night. I love how that wagon is chuck full of little munchkins.
k seriously that looks like such a fabulous Christmas Eve!!! Love the Polar Express idea too. and 24 cousins? SWEET! (and crazy too I bet) ;)
So fun! I think Christmas eve on the beach is the best idea ever - and the polar express idea is so fun too! I'm glad you finally gotto spend Christmas with your whole family again!
Okay this is so cute! I love the whole polar express thing! How fun is that! This year in Terwillegar we did something similar, ...but it was below zero, so I have a feeling yours was a little more awesome. I love watching kids get so excited. And yes, that pic of Kate walking on the beach was perfect! Adn HCAZ is so cute! Haha!
Post a Comment