HAPPY real BIRTHDAY KATE AND KARA!!!
I thought a December birthday would stink, but I think the girls are loving it because we have celebrated so much! We first celebrated a month early, then Mer Mer gave them some early Disneyland clothes, then on their real day, and then they were sung to in primary in December in California, and also in Canada in January since they missed their real birthday! Also, grandma gave them a birthday present this last week! I am still considering the half birthday thing...we'll see.
Anyway, we kep it simple, made them eggs and sausage and finished it off with a flaming donut and a happy birthday song! Auntie Carrie had a present for them to open so they were thrilled! We didn't really do anything else, since that night was Cody and Jessica's "adults only" dinner and present opening!
I can't believe they are 3! I am glad they are growing up because it has been really fun lately having little girls. I do often wish I could go back to their tiny baby days for a few hours and just hold and enjoy them again, but I love their little conversations and pretend play that they do now.
Kate is always keeping us on our toes and laughing. She loves to quote movies and sing and is just a little ham. I love her voice too. It is just fun to listen to her talk, always wondering "what's she going to say/do next."
Kara is a sweetheart and really thinks of others. She can also be very squirrely and silly. She loves Rapunzel and babies and can not wait for our baby to come out. I think she is going to be a very good helper.
And of course we had to light and re-light a few times, just for fun. ;)
We had SO many birthdays within 5 days...Cousin Maddie on the 19th, Uncle Chris on the 21st, Cousin Leneah on the 22nd, Kate and Kara on the 23rd (and Joseph Smith!), and Jesus on the 25th! What a week! This was Leneah's delicious birthday breakfast...glad we were staying with Carrie during THAT festivity!! Mmm....
My kiddos enjoying the breakfast. Ice cream and waffles and whipped cream. Yes please! Loving Kate's mustache. :)
Just some cousin time playing with an awesome marble run. I wanted to get one of those for Zach for Christmas...maybe now for his birthday. Don't tell him! I think it is mostly for me because I think they are SO AWESOME! I always loved them.
Just some cousin time playing with an awesome marble run. I wanted to get one of those for Zach for Christmas...maybe now for his birthday. Don't tell him! I think it is mostly for me because I think they are SO AWESOME! I always loved them.
1 comment:
I can't believe they're 3 already. that feels like it flew by. happy birthday girls. and i vote for letting the celebrations last as long as possible ;)
Post a Comment