February is my month of creativity I've discovered. I did some purple crafts for my living room last February. Must be the boring "is winter ever going to end" mindset I get into. Although this winter hasn't been bad at all I might add. I really can't complain. Anyway, this year I tackled the big blank wall. Right when you walk in it is the first thing you see. We wanted to get a nice big picture of Christ to put there and looked into it. Those things are pricey! AND this spot is a very easily accessible spot that I wouldn't want my pricey painting lingering in. Just in case. Anyway, thanks to good old pinterest and the dollar store I got my creativity cap on and went to work. I am quite pleased with the result. It brings color into my life. :) I like color.
So these were the ideas from pinterest. The first one was supposed to be glue a design on canvas and paint it afterward. After I got all of the materials I read that glue doesn't work and that this was actually puffy paint. Oh. (Taught me to really look into projects before you do them.) Anyway, I liked the set up of the middle gallery wall, and I LOVED the design (AND THE COLORS!!!) of that material swatch. My living room has purples and greens in it though, so I had to adjust a bit. Anyway, here's how it turned out!!
It fills the space, brings in color, looks good with my new Christmas pillows (thanks mom!), and was so fun to paint and create!!!
Oh, and it was cheap too...all stuff from the dollar store (except the candle holders, my mom gave me those). So will it last, probably not, but it only really needs to last 17 more months in this house... :) The only problem I see with it is that there are almost too many pictures of us in the living room. Kinda like a shrine to our family. What can we say, we love ourselves!
Oh, and happy 32 weeks!!! I am really getting excited to have this baby (who currently has the hiccups)! The kids are too. They all think this process is taking way too long. I am starting to agree!!! Still 8 weeks away?! Let's be realistic...9 weeks away! Baby chicks are born after what, 21 days?? Anyway, I am starting to feel it more, especially by the end of the day. Slow and tired.



7 comments:
you look great and so does your wall! so creative!
I too can't wait for this baby! hurry up already!
Love the wall design and decor! Good job... I need inspiration, so thanks! and you look so good. I'm sure you don't feel it, but believe me, you look fantastic! and I'll be sending good vibes in hopes that the baby won't be late.
Hey so I love how we totally have extremely similar lives...first the whole marrying a canadian thing, living in Hawaii, living in Canada, your husband is going to be a doctor soon and mine is just starting med school. Thats pretty sweet! But to answer your question, yes I will be close to family, my sister and mom live in Arizona. So they are 3 hours away, and I couldn't be happier to be living near them for awhile! Congrats on baby #4, you are one brave lady!!! I hear Med school is insanely busy, so I can't imagine! But seriously I give you major props!! And I saw you took your kiddos to disneyland. How did they do, I am taking our kids the end of April when Taylor graduates. I am a little nervous about how they are going to do.
you look sooo good. your pregnancy has FLOWN by for me, whereas mine has felt like an ETERNITY!!!!! I'm 38 weeks this week and it STILL feels like I have an eternity to go.
Love the wall. did you free hand the paintings or use a stencil of some sort? love the colors.
I love creative bursting moments! Can I please steal some of your creative energy? I am just happy to get the laundry done these days. One day I will get there again. AND, you look amazing! So excited with how soon this baby is coming... although to a pregnant woman 8 weeks sounds like an eternity, ...but since you have other kids to keep you busy, I'm sure keeping busy with them will speed things along! Keep it up!
Ooooo! It's beautiful! I love those colors. And aren't you the most glowing pregnant lady! I can't wait to see that little baby! I miss you!!!
I love how the wall turned out, and I love the colours too. Hooray for actually doing a project off Pinterest! I actually made a recipe from pinterest today, and it turned out good. It was the sugar cookie bars. You look so good!! I can't wait for another adorable little Low girl!
Post a Comment