Saturday, March 31, 2012

Snow?

What is this white stuff floating gently down from the sky? Oh yeah, it is winter??!

 One Sunday evening we got beautiful, soft, fluffy snow. Here in Lethbridge it is usually pretty windy so when it snows it just looks depressing and cold and scary. But not this day. We were warm and cozy in our home and the kids were asleep. A winter wonderland...in March. :) It was beautiful! And it was gone the next day.

 I don't love winters, but this year we haven't even had one it seems...except for that solid week of -45 and snow that happened THE DAY we got home from California...what a welcome. The kids wanted to play in the snow, so that is the bummer about this winter, but the roads have been beautiful! Love that! Anyway, I also LOVE when the snow gently settles on each branch, ledge, twig, wire, and stays there. It was gorgeous.The pictures don't really do it justice.

 See, even on the wires. That is cool.

 Awesome.
And this is what we did all evening. Sat by our big window and read. And watched my belly dance around. :) I love quiet nights in.

2 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

I love snow like that!

Angie, Roy, etc. said...

That looks absolutely magical!