Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas Tree Festival

On the evening of November 12, I got a call from my good friend Heather. She told me about the Christmas tree festival that was going on in town. I guess a bunch of businesses decorate a tree to auction off and make money for charity. They had all of the beautiful themed trees lined up and had an elementary choir school singing, hot chocolate, cookies, Christmas crafts, face painting, and SANTA! We all hopped in the car and spent our Family Home Evening out at the festival. What better way to kick off the Christmas season. On November 12. :) I am embracing my Canadian right to celebrate/decorate for Christmas after Remembrance Day.


Luckily we got in line pretty quickly after the choir finished. If not, that line would have been BRUTAL! They were pretty excited to see Santa. I love how squished together they were standing. :)

"Smile!"

Heather and her family showed up. Here are Aubrey and Lainey, 2 of my kids best buddies. Lainey and Zach are in the same Kindergarten class!


Trying to get Addie to look up! :) 
 

Pretty excited to be on Santa's lap!

Too many kids for one lap! Even Santa is looking away, unsure about all of this. Addie looks a bit confused too!

Zach got his own turn on the lap.

I love that he whispered into Santa's ear. I wonder what the secret was?

They had this cool idea of using coffee filters as snowflakes. It was awesome because you didn't have to cut the paper into a square that way, just fold and fold! And it was thin enough to easily cut through. Genius!

The face painting was incredible there! REAL artists, awesome fading colors...we said no because it was late and the line was long and all we would do was wash it right off when we got home, but then we caved because they REALLY wanted to do it, it was cool, and it was free. They were pretty amazing!

I tried and tried to get Kate to choose one of the Christmas themed ones, but once she heard about the snake she had to get it! She cracks me up. It was pretty sweet!

Kara let mommy choose. It was so cute and sparkly! Holiday Holly.

And Zach got the same as Kate. Just like last year at our ward Fall Festival they both got Spiderman! Here they are in front of their favorite tree.Hello Kitty! I liked the cookie tree to the right. It was festive and bright.

And just a random good idea...cornstarch and water is really fun to play with! 1 cup cornstarch to 2 cups water (I think??) And it may seem messy, but when it dries it just turns back to powder so it is really easy clean up! And you can save it for days, just keep adding water. Zach played with this for 1 1/2 hrs! Unheard of for him to do it so long. He kept it for a week and played everyday for a substantial amount of time. So if you are stuck inside...cornstarch and water!!
 
 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That face painting was amazing! Fun times!