Yep, it all happened that fast...
Just a few pictures before, during, and after our move.
I cleaned out the buffet and the kids thought it was a lot of fun to lock each other behind the glass doors. Even Addie loved it. :)
Glenn and Natasha Jefferies came and visited us with their cute kiddos and we had a little party in the back yard. Addie enjoyed her Popsicle...so messy!!
I made this for our neighborhood grandparents, Dean and Alice. They were so kind and good to us and the kids LOVED them. ANY time the kids saw them out of their house they ran to an open window or opened the door and yelled "Hi Dean! Hi Alice!" Dean and Alice would often bring them suckers or little candies and even small gifts sometimes on holidays. Alice brought the kids the shirts and dress they are wearing in this picture right before we moved. We will really miss Dean and Alice. I made this picture for them to make a magnet for their fridge so they won't have to miss us. :) Just have to figure out how to make it a presentable magnet now.
Justin came home FOR GOOD the evening of Sunday June 30 after his last residency call shift ever! Boy were we are SO HAPPY daddy was home never to go far away again!
And who wouldn't miss this face. :)
The next day was July 1...we went to the Raymond Parade, and then came home and packed all day because our moving day was the next day!! July 2!
The day we moved my wonderful friend Heather Jubber took Kate, Kara, and Adaleigh for me so we could help in packing the truck and everything. Zach wanted to stay and help in the move, and boy he did! We hired movers this time and it was SO worth it. We packed the house...they did the lifting. Zach was right along with them, moving boxes, pushing the dolly, and lifting what he could. The workers were very good with him and let him help a lot. He is a great worker.
Thanks so much Heather! I will miss you, and Lethbridge and my friends (and the stores) there. ;) But I will be back monthly at least!!! I ALMOST cried a few times as I cleaned and packed...but then I realized this is a happy good move! I am excited for my nice house, living on a cul de sac with a million kids, living close to the border and to Waterton, and Justin having a real job!! We had a wonderful life there in Lethbridge and made good friends, had a baby, finished residency...many memories that we will cherish, but we are excited for our new future and settling down. It's been great so far!!
Addie eating in a sea of boxes. Moving. So fun. Actually, it was fun this time! I have so much storage space, so it is fun to unpack and have a place for everything! Now to keep everything in its place...
She's okay with that!
Made a last minute cake (had to be a tiny one because I didn't have enough of the ingredients! ha ha! Whoops...I am such a good planner.) At least my mother in law brought us strawberries and blueberries the day before! Thanks Cynthia!
We invited our Canadian Friends over to celebrate with sparklers. :)
Happy 4th of July!!!!

1 comment:
Busy busy. I want to see your new place! Pics please until I can come visit. We are so hiring movers next time! Although I'd love for someone to pack and de-junk for me...
Post a Comment