Zach started Grade 1 this year. ALL DAY SCHOOL!! We were both excited about this. :) This boy loves school and structure and things to do, so it is perfect for him...and me. He was up bright and early rearing to go! Even had time to watch cartoons, eat, and create the little clay weapon in his hand. I took him outside before the bus came to get some pictures. I thought it was hilarious the girls got in it too. I think they were a little bit jealous he got to go to school earlier than they did. They didn't start preschool until the next week!
Kinda blurry, but it was the best, most real smile. Just captures his active personality. :)
And you can't really read the sign in the picture, but it says "2nd 1st Day of Preschool!" These girls are lucky enough to go to 2 years of preschool! Last year they wanted to go so bad because Zach was in school and I am all about letting someone else supervise and clean up painting messes, so they are on their 2nd year of preschool. It is kinda weird when they all leave and it is just me and Addie, but it doesn't last very long at all!
One cool thing about living in a small town is that everyone who wants to is bussed...for free! Even preschoolers one way! We live SO close to the schools and I'd have no problem taking them, but the kids really want to ride it! I never got to ride a bus to school. They all love it though and the bus stop is right down the street from our house and it is 2-3 less car trips I have to make in a day, so sure! Go for it. I think I will especially love it in the winter. :) Although now I find I can feel pretty housebound. Anyway, here we are at the bus stop. I walked with them the 1st day to put them on there. Kara wanted to take a picture, so we did shadow poses. I felt nervous just putting my 4 year olds on a bus, hoping they got to the right place...but it all worked out! Now I don't even walk with them. They just go run and get on the bus! I can see it from the girls room so sometimes I check in on their world without me. It is so weird to not always be there with them. Good weird and sad weird. They are growing up!
3 comments:
I have yet to experience putting my kids on the school bus! Our school is a "walking zone" school so even though we live a kilometer and a half away, it's "walking distance." Boo. I mean, it's good for the exercise. I guess. But it sucks for naptime and waking up Zoe every day before 3pm, or hoping that I can finagle a way out of making her sleep at a different time so she still gets her nap and maybe even an extra one. But that sometimes backfires. Boo. Lucky bussing bum. But seriously, they are growing up! Gah!
I'm the same as Maren - we live over 1.5km from the school and we're "walking distance". Plus I'm in the awful half say Kindergarten year and I do nothing but drive!! I guess that's the perk of living in a small town
small town sounds nice to the whole school thing... maybe one day? they are growing up so fast!
Post a Comment