Thursday, March 26, 2015

First week and Everett's Photoshoot

PICTURE OVERLOAD!!

Just warning you ahead of time!
Little Brother is finally home and in his little sleeper...which he filled out too well! I wanted to buy a newborn size so it would fit him right away, and it did...for a week! That's what you get when you birth a 9 lber! I was happy my brother and sister in law picked another of these sleepers up for me in Spokane...but 6-9 month size so he could wear it for a while! 
The first week of having this guy home was special when it was just me and him, but otherwise a nightmare! So sad but true. This was MY HARDEST transition so far baby wise. He was born the first week of school. We came home on the weekend, Mom and Dad had just left, I was hormonal, Addie wouldn't sleep in her crib anymore and wouldn't sleep in the big girl bed either. She refused naps and I of course wanted her to keep napping, but I was too exhausted to deal with it! I would definitely change a lot about those first weeks home, or in how we prepared for his arrival, but we all survived! 

Rough life. Zach's old sleeper!!

I love just sitting and holding the new baby. Getting to know them. Seeing who they look like. He was a hard one for me! Doesn't really look like any of my newborns. And every picture I took he had a different look!

I could easily say a few of my favorite things about him are his SOFTNESS! He is the fuzziest, softest, downy baby there ever was! I rub his head all day. I even saw his little hairs rubbing off on my fingers. NO! And he has SO much loose skin on the back of his head...like a little Shar Pei puppy. Justin always bites it with his lips. I liked to gently pull on it. He has kind eyes, just a gentle giant. And I love his angel's kiss, stork bite, widows peak dimple (the hair isn't there yet, but the forehead dimple is!) and the red mark under his right nostril. Love, love this boy.

And so does Addie. She has been so good with him since day one. Look at his triple chin just waiting to be filled!


Big hands, long fingers, LONGER toes!

Kids took this one. Sad it is blurry! But if I want any pictures of Everett and I I've got to keep it! I'm pretty much the only one behind the camera here...need to train the kids to stay steady. :)

See, another look. Who does this kid look like?

To add to my not so awesome first week home, it snowed!? EARLY September people. If this was any sign of the winter ahead I am out of here. It stayed away after this and was gorgeous the rest of the month. Just had to come and kill my beautiful view, my flowers that were only allowed 3.5 months of life. Boo on you snow.

Those toes?!

First smiles captured.

He was happy to be home.

Some selfies of the days I never want to forget. Bringing a newborn home is so special. I know it's for the whole family to get to love and enjoy, but I selfishly wish I could be alone for the first 2 weeks and pretend he was my first. Sleep whenever I wanted to, eat or not eat. I was SO spoiled by friends though that brought dinner. Justin doesn't always feel comfortable accepting food because he says he can do it. But I said yes to everyone that offered. It was so nice to be cared for and loved. I'll take it. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I haven't ever felt so much outpouring and love after a baby as I have here in Cardston. It truley is a great place to live and I love my ward I go to for Church. It's not easy living far from my sisters and mom, so I cling tight to those around me who will let me. :)

Baby cheeks.

Look at that sweet face. I love this boy.

And I am SOOOO glad I took this picture to always remember that downy head. He is still really soft, but honestly this was the softest squishy-est head anyone has ever felt. Oh I can just feel it now! Soft peach fuzz and look at all that extra kitten skin on his neck! Such a love!

And I had a few visitors to brighten my day! My lovely Sarah, sweet Sarah came to visit. :) She brought Everett the cute outfit below...and she didn't even know about his Fox theme! :) I love you Sarah! So does Everett! Thanks for visiting.

Another different look. More like Justin here? I don't know!

Like I said, I had to share. Everyone was in love with this little man!

Oh! So cute!

Everett in his newborn size sleeper on the quilt mom and I made for him. 

Little did we know this would be our view for 3 months...FUSSY BABY! Poor guy. At least he got it all out then because now (6 months old) he is the happiest little man around!

So so new and fresh! Can't believe that was inside me!

Leslie and Richard were visiting the weekend we brought Everett home. I had tried to get into a newborn photographer, but everyone was SO booked! Bummer! He would be the first without any kind of baby pictures, so Leslie came over and tried to work some magic. I have mixed feelings about newborn photography. When I have a newborn I am kinda anxious about everything. Not about baby handling, but everything else. For me the thought of picking a time to have photos done and driving somewhere and wondering if he would be good or not or would I have to nurse, would he sleep ... blah blah blah...on and on. It stressed me out. I wanted his freshness from heaven captured, but was too stressed to think about it and you are supposed to do it in the first 10 days and everyone was booked and and and...that's how I go. So anyway, I am glad we attempted pictures and I have the utmost respect for baby photographers because we had no clue what we were doing and it was really hard to capture from the right angles and to keep him happy and warm. He is a very finicky guy. NOT a deep sleeper. So anyway, here are a million pictures! We are definitely not professionals, didn't edit any of these or anything, but I am glad we got some pictures to remember this 3 day old sweet baby boy! Thanks so much Leslie.



Too much work! :) Man he was so tiny. A huge newborn, but still so tiny.




Gotta love wrinkly folded baby feet.




That soother looks huge! Back wrinkles. Awwwwe!

Frame it!

Sleeps like his daddy! Or his Mer Mer! ;)

I love the light on his back here. So soft.



Oh those cheeks! And that chin!!!


Folds and wrinkles!!


And cue fussy baby and awkward positions...

This is how it's done, right? Ha!

Calms him right down. :)




Little froggy.

Peach fuzz.




Love that squinchy face.







Oh how I love baby wrinkles!




Had to get the back of that fuzzy head. And chubby neck.

Again...those fuzzy cheeks and head. 




He is such a cuddler and clingy baby. Always wants to be close and hold something.



We quickly found that our props looked dumb. :)

Smiles for Daddy!

Meeting Papa and Bama for the first time. 4 days old.
He also met Elder Dallin. ;)





No where else I'd rather be!!!! This is my favorite feeling in life. There is nothing more complete to me than holding a sleeping baby on your chest.  Until they get too big and heavy to do this it starts crushing your lungs. :) 


Everett LOVED water. Loved baths! He would be super fussy and then I would give him a bath and he was silent and calm and just looked around the entire time he was in there. Loved it!!!


Brothers!!!

Look at that peach fuzzy head!

My loves.

1 comment:

PamH said...

Oh man newborn pictures are pure exhaustion!!! Good job!! His fuzziness is seriously dreamy.