Saturday, February 27, 2016

July 1st and 4th!

To start July out Justin was gone for 6 days on a youth trek to the Mormon Historic Handcart sight in Wyoming and Martin's Cove. It was a camp they had planned and met on and fundraised and work and prepared for a year so I was happy to see it finally happening for a few reasons. :) These youth are so lucky and have the best leaders and awesome experiences with it. I was invited and went back and forth for months, but have 5 kids including a nursing 10 month-old and leaving them for 5 days with who knows who, was too much for me to think about. I was SO sad to miss out on this and a bit jealous at Justin's ease in portability. I was really sad and still am to not share such beautiful spiritual experiences with my husband. I know it would have been an amazing trip and sometimes still regret my decision...but sometimes we can't do everything! With all that said I am really glad they all got to experience this and hope it was beneficial to these youth and that they realize how much their leaders care for them and want to help them! We have GREAT youth in our church.


He was gone over July 1st and honestly I didn't really want to make it to the parade in Raymond and all the other festivities, but Justin's parents and another family came with and we all had a great time! The classic Canada Day breakfast with GARDEN strawberries! Yum. Tastes like summer!


Lows and Leavitts! Their dads were best friends in high school. Pretty sweet.
Cutest little Canadian. :)

Bring on the candy.
At our Dahl family picnic afterward.
Childhood is beautiful. So carefree.

Zach's Jr. Choir sang "Oh, Canada" at party in the park that evening...I think most people were out of town...

Me and my crew! That is a CART FULL!!! Usually I don't take them all with, but today we did. Missing daddy, but we had a great time.


It sounded fun to begin with...
They look too pleased with themselves.
I had to post this one too because of Kara's expression. Priceless.

She got in on the action too. This was AFTER we washed it off.


A day in Waterton with the triplets! Pretty sure Everett is bigger than them and here he is 10 months and they are 20 months!

I made this cake. It was AMAZING. Cake of the year for my beloved Mother-in-Law's birthday. She loves Turtles chocolate so this was the perfect cake for her!
I love this picture of Papa and Addie most!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME. It was SO rich. Like 3 bites and you are done rich. But so good.
My smoothie stealer. Love his little lips sucking a straw. He is adorable.
Memories! Nothing like snuggling a baby. I rarely sleep in bed with him but I love morning cuddles.

Seeing this picture makes me want to have a million babies. I never want this to go away! Maybe freezing moments or rewinding to them would be an option.


This boy is going to be a dentist. OBSESSED with toothbrushes and brushing his teeth.

2 comments:

Maren said...

Me want that cake!!!!!!!! And that trek would have been such an awesome experience with your hubs! Hopefully another time!

Alysha Sladek said...

that cake!! looks amazing! I've never been on trek - I think I'm too much of a wuss to do it ;) Cool experience I bet though