Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July!

I have to say, celebrating the 4th of July in Canada is a bummer. No parades, no fireworks, no bbqs or pool parties...Go figure. To save the holiday, Zach wore his "Property of the United States" t-shirt and I made a traditional flag cake and called all of the Americans I could think of that lived close by to make sure they had done something to celebrate and invite them to our house. My fellow Americans, the Wong Family, came over to eat the delicious cake. Minn Va is from California too! :) Darren is Canadian, the only one out of all of us, but we let him have a tiny piece still. Mostly because he wore such an awesome tie to our little party! And Dad, remember this t-shirt? I wear it every year! Tie-dye 4th of July. Groovy. Thanks, I think. :) The cute Wong girls remind me a lot of my nieces Leneah and Kaela. They are my pseudo-nieces up here I guess. Anyway, I am proud to be an American...

7 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

happy 4th of july! that cake looks great!!!

VH said...

That cake is amazing! I wish we could've come! I watched the fireworks on PBS and was mildly depressed that I am in Canada. hahha

Oler Family said...

what a cute cake! I didn't know that Minn Va is American..it looks like you had a fun day!

Ashley Dawn said...

YAY, I'm glad you had a great day. I thought about calling you and wishing you Happy Fourth of July. I sure miss those too. (Just so you know Jarett and all my kids are American and I'm have my Resident Alien status there). What a great idea. We're doing that next year.

Brandy said...

happy 4th of july!

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear you at least made an attempt. Unfortunately for Brian, Reese and I - the week with 2 holidays in it went overlooked. We were moving into our new place. Doh!

Maren said...

I'm American, I promise! Well, I was born here, but my parents are American, so I am a dual citizen. Does that count? So, next year, we can have a 4th of July party that includes myself! Darren and Joe are not welcome. JK.