Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Walk in the Park

So I have been a horrible blogger! The reason really is that we do basically the same thing every day. I finally decided to show you what we do and celebrate the arrival of Fall here in Edmonton. I hope you enjoy this photo journal of our daily walk in the park. It is a lot of pictures! Sorry, but you can just scroll fast. Anyone ever want to join us for our walk, you are more than welcome to!
The beginning of our walk. This is on a path by a big pond. Here's a little fall colors for you all.

I took this one for my mom because I thought she would love the cattails.

Cute little Zachy on the bench.

This one is for mom too. Sunflowers grow very well here. So pretty.

A look back at half of the pond park area.

This is Zach's favorite part because he gets to get out of his stroller and explore. At this point in my pregnancy, I don't mind going at his pace. It's still exercise, right? Sure keeps him trim!

Fall is my favorite season. These pictures don't do the colors justice, but it is better than nothing! As much as I complain about Canadian winters, I really love the change of seasons. I just wish some weren't so long and others weren't so short! :)

Zach's favorite pasttime. He loves to pick up the rocks, and in this season, the pinecones and carry them around. It is so funny because he will be walking/running down the path and then all of a sudden he stops, retraces a few steps and finds that ONE rock or pinecone that caught his eye. What a precious gem.

Coming up on some pretty yellow leaves.

Ooo, Ahh... I almost got a real live fox in this shot! I missed it by 1 second!
Here is the fox that I missed. See it way in the distance? That was pretty cool! We've never seen animals here before!


This is one of the coolest things about living here. There are berries everywhere. Most of this foresty area we walk through is raspberry bushes. This was the first time we walked through that I didn't see any ripe raspberries. Darn. It was so fun to just be on a casual walk and then, "Oh look, a raspberry! Here son! Enjoy." This picture has choke cherries on the right I think and then I don't know what on the left. Pretty though. We'll save these ones for the fox.

Red!! Yea!

Zach eating rocks. No no Zachy, yucky.

Me proving 2 things: I am on this walk, and there is red here in Alberta. I really miss all the red leaves Utah had. It is pretty yellow up here, but there is a little red around.


Trying to pick a dandelion. "Errr, Duck!" = Errr, stuck! in Zachish. He makes noises like that all of the time. It is so funny to hear him grunt.

Wanting me to blow it.

This is by the main road you drive to by our house. Isn't it cute.


Sitting on a log.

Zach making sure we are still following him to the park.


This puddle always gets in our way. Well, Zach loves it, but I don't love it so much when he has his hole-y crocs on. Wet socks. Yuck. He listened well and moved right along though. Dry socks. Good boy.

"De E is" Zach's words for "There it is!" We made it!

I've had a few requests for twin belly shots, so here it is! I love what this pregnancy has done to my legs. :)

Okay, here's the real twin belly shot. All 24 and a half weeks of us.

Zach thought taking pictures with the timer was pretty cool and insisted on his own. He was so funny, standing there by the wall waiting. Monkey see, monkey do!

8 comments:

Jordana said...

Hey Amelia, I just found your blog. This looks so fun, we'll definitely have to join you one day!

Lant Family said...

So is it really that cold up there? It is hard to imagine fall being there already. Zach looks so bundled up in his sweatshirt. I feel sorry for you if it is because I know you hate it. We are going swimming later--you can come down here and warm up. The leaves are so pretty, I miss the mountains now with all their colors.

Julie said...

Thanks for the walk! It felt like I was there and it was the highlight of my afternoon! Love you all!

Jackie said...

Aimee, you look so good. I love how you joke about your shadow. You make me laugh!

Ashley said...

Wow, what a gorgeous walk! I am so jealous. We don't have fall like that in Texas. Zach is so dang cute. He reminds me of my Boston, so inquisitive. You are looking cute. I can't wait to see what you look like at 38 weeks =)

Cathi said...

I want to go to your park. Can nature be more gorgeous than that?!?
Aimee, are your girls identical?

Ashley Dawn said...

Wow, what fun pictures. I think posts like that are the most memorable. It's great to see daily "to do's". Maybe I'll have to learn something from that.....I've been slacking pretty bad too.... Great updates.

Porters said...

Those are really pretty pictures! I am glad you are still getting out on walks, that is awesome!