Friday, November 7, 2008

Baby Update

Well, tomorrow I will be 31 weeks pregnant! I had an ultrasound today and saw the girls. I don't mean to be biased or anything, but ultrasounds in Canada stink. They turn the monitor away from you during the ultrasound, and really don't say much at the appointments and are very hesitant to answer any questions. "You'll have to ask your doctor." Really, the only question she asked me was after the ultrasound..."when is the next time you see your doctor?" I hope that isn't a bad thing. It looks like one baby is hogging most of the food though. Twin A (Kate I think?) is 3 lbs 14 oz and Twin B (Kara) is 3 lbs 4 oz. So I guess one is measuring at 31 weeks 4 days and the other is measuring at 30 weeks 4 days. It seems to be okay right now, but we will see what the doc says next week. I am feeling okay now. I had an awful case of the flu this week,which I got from Zach, and now Justin is going through it. Poor guy. Now we are heading down to Cardston to spread it there! :) No, hopefully we are all better and no one else gets sick. Justin's brother, Richard, is getting married on the 22nd of this month, but is having his Canadian reception this weekend so we are heading down for the long weekend to play! I am so excited for the next couple months in our lives. We got another crib yesterday and a change table. It is starting to be a little more real that there will be two of them. So weird...and so cool. Anyway, just had to get some thoughts down.

8 comments:

Oler Family said...

I will agree with you..the ultra sounds here stink!! I always leave thinking that my child must have 3 eyes...they make you so nervous with all the silence. You're getting so close!! Cute names too! My cousin just named her little girl Kameryn. I think that is a super cute name too!

Amber said...

Love the names you picked out ;)

Katie said...

Hey Aimers...I think your poundage was a bit off - Hey, not that it matters, but I do know that you are a bit of a perfectionist. Have a fun time on your trip...it may be the easiest one you have for a loooooooooooooong time. I love you and Justin and Zach and Kate and Kara...whew, that is a lot of Lows!

Ashley Dawn said...

Seriously, ultrasounds in the states are WAY better because they are trying to get your business. I HATE Canadian ultrasounds. They are so rude to your husbands especially. I always feel bad for Jarett when we're in there. Anyway, I love the names...
Oh, and I wanted to tell you that I heard this week of someone who had twins and then got pregnant after 9 months with another set of twins. So, 4 kids 18 months and younger - YIKES!! At least you're not doing that....right?

The Heavenor's said...

I totally agree about the ultra sounds, not that I've had one in the states. But the ultra sounds I had with Avery they don't make it the fun expirence that it should be. They just sort of get there job done and thats it! Like hello! You want to see your baby (or in your case babies)!
I'm glad your doing well Amelia, how weird it must be to have 2 cribs in one room!

Katie said...

Amelia...your sister is getting old, and blind, and stupid. I didn't see the 1 before the 4 for baby B... sorry to cause you a little stress about what poundage your crazy sister is talking about. Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenny said...

I love the names Kate and Kara. I really wanted to use Kate with Callie, but it didn't fit her. Funny how that works sometimes. I'm so excited for you guys. I really can't imagine...ah! Can't wait to see pictures of the little ones and the whole family -- hopefully not for a few more weeks though.:)

Anonymous said...

At least you get to have a few ultrasounds when you are pregnant with twins. Usually in Alberta you get one ultrasound at 20 weeks and that is it. I think that stinks and wish I could have had a couple more with The Dictator - but with this one I have had a few so it was nice.