Thursday, November 13, 2008

Two Things...

Okay, so posts without pictures might be boring, but I just have to write about 2 funny things that happened today...

#1- Zach was downstairs all ready for the day and I was upstairs getting ready for the day. All of a sudden I heard him coming up the stairs. When he finally reached me I took a glance at him and he was naked! All except for his socks. AH! I screamed "Where are your clothes?" He said, "Oh, no! Biper?!" (Diaper)...and then "Ba?" (Bath). I guess he just wanted a bath, but yikes! I took off his socks and made him a bubble bath. He loves them. Sure enough, I went downstairs and right at the base of the stairs was his outfit and his clean (thank goodness) diaper. I have a little streaker for a son!

#2-Then we headed to my doctors appointment. That was fun. :) He was getting a little restless when finally we were called in. I put him on the exam table while we waited for the doctor to come in. On the wall was a chart of a naked pregnant lady (an educational drawing might I add) that showed the baby and its position in the uterus. It also showed how babies were born. Anyway, Zach looked at it and said "Baby," pointing to all of the babies. I thought I would use this as a teaching moment to show him that the baby is inside my belly too, to see if it helped him understand. It seemed like he was getting it as I pointed to the mommy's baby and belly and to my belly and said "Babies". Then, all of a sudden he leaned forward and gave the mom on the chart a zerbert! (a raspberry...whatever you call it, when you blow on someone's skin to make a funny sound). It was SO funny because he does this to my belly and any time he sees any skin. Guess you had to be there to fully appreciate this one though. :)

1 comment:

Ashley Dawn said...

okay, that's hilarious. I love kids "learning" moments and how you just start to feel like it's going somewhere and then they surprise you by taking a whole new twist on things. Zach is SO cute. He's going to have a seriously crazy time with two little sisters to torment...