
Hello family and friends! I am blogging from my home, ALL ALONE! I have been somewhat dreading this weekend for WEEKS now because both Justin AND Zachary left me up here in Canada to go to Utah for Justin's brother's wedding. I can't travel because of the twins. Anyway, I really wanted to go, to get out of Edmonton, see half of my family and all of his family, have a REAL Thanksgiving dinner, shop at Target, and just because I HATE missing out (especially on fun family dinners at Chuck-a-Rama!) :) I was pretty emotional...okay, VERY emotional this past week before their departure on Thursday afternoon. I have to admit, it is SO weird. I haven't been away from Zach for probably more than 4 hours his entire life! Now, Justin and Zach are gone until Monday afternoon!
Anyway, I thought that this was going to be my "sacrifice of pregnancy" since I don't really get sick or anything, but I have to admit that it has been pretty nice! I am enjoying myself, running errands without having to buckle a car seat or make time to bundle Zach up before I leave the house, relaxing, reading (The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands--By Dr. Laura Schlessinger--good book! I am sure Justin will appreciate it!), cleaning, shopping. Tonight, I even got to go to a Pregnancy Spa here in Edmonton called Sweet Momma and have an AMAZING massage on a toasty warm water bed (courtesy of my friend Katherine, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!). It was SO nice, I just wish my muscles still existed so they could have been rubbed. (I am a little soft right now...) After that, I went to a little "health" restaurant called "Health Fare" and had a fancy salmon salad. All by myself. Strange. I still plan to be crafty, shop, clean, and see the Twilight movie on Monday morning...WOO HOO!
All of this said, I cannot wait to pick Justin and Zach up on Monday, but until then, I am living it up because I am pretty sure this is NEVER going to happen again...now it is tator tots and a Chick Flick time! (I have to balance out that healthy food I ate at dinner you know!)
7 comments:
Oh how nice!! But I would have to agree, I would be SOO ready to pick them up on Monday. Your evening sounds great, I massage and nice dinner. Have a great time and enjoy your time to yourself.
That's awesome. Keep living it up. It only will get harder to have alone time once the twins come. I'm SO jealous. Not that I don't love having my kids around, but a good few day break could really rejuvenate me. Plus you'll notice that you really appreciate Zach more when they come back. A weekend off is what every stay at home mom needs...
I hate missing out on things, too, so I'm glad you're looking on the bright side and enjoying yourself!
yay for the prego massage! have fun without the boys. it's sad while they're gone, but i'm sure enjoyable at the same time ;) have fun at twilight tomorrow!
That blog just made me feel so relaxed! How wonderful. I am sure you miss your little guy and I guess your big guy too, but how nice!!! Take advantage of all the shopping, chick flicks, and quite dinners that you can! You are going to have your hands full very soon!
Ooooohhhh I wanted to try out Sweet Mama myself - I think I may need to go and do that if this kid doesn't come out SOON! I did go for a pedicure at a spa called Urban Retreat a couple weeks ago - it was awesome!
As far as the Twilight books - I have officially jumped on the bandwagon - my Mom bought me all the books today to read (she seems to think I have that kind of time!).
We missed having you there! I'm glad you found fun things to keep busy with. We're soooooo excited to see you in a few weeks! Love ya!
Post a Comment