Friday, August 21, 2009

5th and Final Destination: Echo Lake, MT and HOME!

Oquirrh Mountain Temple

When we passed through Utah again we got to attend the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House with Joanie, Ryan, and Stud Fetus Harbor. It was beautiful! It was fun to be there as an entire family.

Here are Joanie, Ryan, and 19 weeks of Stud Fetus Harbor saying goodbye to Zach. :( They are moving to Texas for grad school. Happy for them, but sad for us.






ECHO LAKE!!



Grandma stuck Kara in the box. Zach wanted to go in too!


Perfect fit. She seemed to like it in there!


August 1st! I'm 25!! I have celebrated my last 4 birthdays at Echo Lake. Awesome. Justin takes me there every year for my birthday. This year he really outdid himself. He made a delicious barbecued salmon feast, his mom made carrot cake, we went on a sunset lake cruise, and then we played cards with the family and had a dance party and fireworks on the deck! Actually, there was a wedding across the bay so they supplied the music and fireworks, but it was still awesome!! My favorite part of the day was when Zach said "Happy Bir-day Mommy!"


Zach insisted I needed some help. He loves blowing out candles.


Here's my birthday party! (Plus Cynthia who is behind the camera!) Skyler and Kirby made it just in time for carrot cake!


Us on our romantical birthday sunset boat ride.
That is a real deer swimming across the bay! Who knew deer swam!


Woo woo. My man and the sunset. How much better can it get? Happy birthday to me.


I love this place. This is going to be a great year!


Me driving the boat. AH! Luckily no one was on the lake. It was pretty fun though! Let the wind, and bugs, flow through your hair. (Hopefully that was okay Brian and Cynthia! Justin said so!) :)


Dallin is so cool. ;)


Jordana!!! Yay! I got to see Jordana at the lake. She is one of my good friends from Edmonton that is moving soon. I AM SO SAD! Zach is too. That means his girlfriend Jayna is moving too. Only 1 more week now and she is gone. :(
The only nap Zach took at the cabin. He was watching a show and had both feet up on the tv...then one......and then he finished it in this pose. Looks fake, but it's real.

Our whole family with Papa on the boat.

Me and the girls. They have to wear the jackets on the boat. They zipped up so high it squeezed their cheeks!

Kate LOVED the boat ride. She kept jumping and squealing.

See, she loved it!


That's me jumping the wake. You know it.
No, actually that is Dallin. He's the best. Right? :) I do have to say though that I went skiing again this year (since I don't have pregnancy or an injury for an excuse not to). I got up on the second try, stayed up and crossed the wake both ways. Justin says next year it's time to drop a ski. I got this. Seems easier with one anyway, then you don't do the splits on the water.


Zach's favorite place to be: with Karen. He likes the boat too I guess!

The boat always put them to sleep. It even worked on Zach once, but he woke up as they brought him out darn it!




BOWLING!!
This was Zach's first time bowling! ;) They had the bumpers and the rolling ball guide thing too so it was great, he loved it. I could not get over how stinking cute his little bowling shoes were! They were the smallest they had.
OH! So cute!

Zach bowled one and a half games and he got the same score! 98! He beat me BOTH times! Not bad. I have to say a few things...I have NEVER bowled this bad AND I got a strike and a spare for Zach in the last half of the 2nd game when he didn't want to bowl anymore. Oh well. At least I improved the second time. Yikes.


This is Zach and Bryleigh, Justin's childhood friend Skyler's little boy. Who ever thought that Justin and Skyler would have little boys that would play together. How time flies. :)
Skyler caught a minnow and put it in the pool for the kids to chase around and "catch." It is hiding in the shadow of the little ball. Poor thing. It survived.

"I got one!"
Zach and Bryleigh hanging out. Zach loved playing with him!
Zach and a real live Nemo. Well, at least it swims and even has a gimpy fin. He loved it.

Catching Crawdads
That's going where? The prep state.
He actually looks like he is enjoying that.

Those are some pretty big claws Dallin!
A picture is worth a thousand words. All I can say is this is EXACTLY how it felt. The ear wasn't so bad. In this picture you can see the little booger opening up his claw to grab my neck too! It was attached in 2 places.
Pain that makes you laugh?!
Numb to the pain by now, I strike a pose. This is one where you can see the 2 attachments. It grabbed the TINIEST piece of pinched skin and held on to my neck. OUCH! So dumb. Who does this anyway...oh. Me.

Awesome eyes. Now you can see the tiny pinch of skin he clung by. OWWW!

Dallin took the tiniest one and put it on his nose. No thank you. The thought of that just makes my eyes water. And what if it attached to your lip. OUCH!

The Crawdaddy of all crawdads. I was scared.
He attacked the rope of the flashlight.

The only way I would hold him was if his claws were preocupied with something else.


LOGAN'S PASS
Glacier National Park

This park is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! Come visit us and we will go there! Mariah, you would LOVE this place! Another beautiful view in Glacier. You have GOT to see this place!
Rockslide and a waterfall in Glacier National Park.
This has got to be one of the most dangerous jobs ever. Construction on Going to the Sun Road (Logan's Pass). So scary! Here are the kids with Great Grandma and Grandpa Low!
On our way home...beautiful canola fields...the whole way!

6 comments:

mj said...

Well happy late birthday to you. I always forget just how young you really are. You act so much more mature. :)

Anonymous said...

All i can say is that i wish i could spend time at echo, it is one of my fav places. hope it was a blast, and happy birthday!

Alysha Sladek said...

looks like you had SO much fun!! HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY!!!!! Sad I missed it :( but it looks like it was a good one. Those crawdad things are SICK! i can't believe you let it pinch you! are you crazy???? ;)miss ya

Julie said...

Love it! I can't beleive you let the crawdad hang from your ear (and neck). I don't think I'm that adventurous! Thanks for the posts...seeing pictures is the next best thing to being there.

Ashley Dawn said...

I didn't get to go to Echo this year - SO SAD. Now I'm sad cause I could've seen you AND Jordana. Sigh. I got to see it as I drove up to Jewel Basin from Flathead, but no Echo - sniff. Looks like you had a blast this summer. Glad I get to catch up!

The DeMille's said...

Oh I just love all your pictures. YOu guys are having way too much fun! And the twins, what a couple of cuties! They make me wish I had 2 little Madilyns running around!