I LOVE GENERAL CONFERENCE!
Really I do. I love listening to all of the General Authorities in the church, making goals on how to become a better person, and being uplifted by the Spirit. Conference weekend is always a special time. And even though we live in Edmonton, we still get in on TV which is awesome since we have so many little likes running around. We tried to schedule nap times around conference times, and it worked rather well. Zach was awake for the morning sessions and was SO captivated by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. He was just zoned in on them! I think he is going to be in it some day. :) Anyway, this one was special because Baby Talia was just almost a week old, so Justin's family came up to meet her. We had a great time. It is always fun when Grandma and Grandpa come to town. AND Karen and Dallin. Can't forget them. Zach LOVES them! We do too.
This is how soothing conference can be. And they're out...Karen, Kate, and Grandma.
Kate and Kara loved to climb all over Karen. She is a great Auntie!
Since we had so many people at home we took advantage of the babysitters and harvested our garden. It was dang cold too! The wind was blowing and it was a chilly chilly day. Here are Justin and Zach digging "tomatoes" as Zach would say...They were really potatoes. I will never get over how weird they grow. You just plant one potato and then a few months later dig up 5 more or so! They just grow, underground. So strange to me.
Action shots...digging the hill...
pulling up the plant 
Zach found a few left over corn cobs we hadn't picked off the stalk. He LOVES corn and wanted to eat it so bad. So we let him! I husked (any one else call husking the corn "shucking" it?) it for him and he chowed down! Delicious dirt on the face...yummers.

2 comments:
What a fun weekend. We heart General Conference too!
How funny that he loves corn so much he even likes it raw! I love his little sweatshirt too...so cute! Thanks for sharing the fruits of your labors with me while I was there...it was yummy!
Post a Comment