Monday, October 5, 2009

It is FINISHED!!!!

Well, my lovely sister-in-laws Leslie and Kamry inspired me to finally finish the girls room. If Kamry's 1st baby gets a room even before she was born, my girls should have one after 9 months of life. Now they won't be jealous of their cousin. Anyway, Leslie has a vinyl cutting machine and so we were able to cut out dots and names and phrases and make the room so stinking cute! I love it. Thanks so much Kamry and Leslie for your help! Oh, and I have to thank Maren and Alysha for snapping the photos I hung in their room. You guys are da' bomb. :) Enjoy ... I do. As do Kate and Kara I am sure. Now I've got to get on the ball and make Zach's room cuter. Any ideas? I am thinking shades of blue and orange. Maybe sports?? I don't know. Zach's in a big boy bed now, so I finally got to put Kara in a REAL crib instead of the pack and play. YAY!!! What a big boy. He is doing a great job in it. Better than I thought. (knock on wood.)

Here we begin the tour. You enter the room from the door on the left. The door straight ahead is the closet.
Again, the closet door...Polka dot wall continuing on to Kara's crib...You don't understand how hard it is for a perfectionist worry wart like me to complete a task such as this. It was ALMOST as scary as tie dying at our family reunion. Luckily I had Leslie and Kamry there to help me this time. Kamry especially was always there to give her opinion of dot placement. Phew. I love Kamry for that. Some one's got to speak up. THANK YOU!! :) It made the dotting process take minutes instead of hours.
Leslie found the cute font and flowers for the girl's names. I love it! :)

Kate's wall. The contagious polka dot rash hasn't spread much over here yet.

I was given the wooden joy sign as a Christmas decoration, but liked it so much I wanted to have it out for longer than just Christmas. I think this turned out cute. We just added a vinyl "bundles of" on top of it. These are some of the cute pics that Alysha and Maren took. Now, I thought I was over it, but looking at this picture makes me want to resize Kara's again to match Kate's. Somebody please stop me. Stop the maddness. Or should I really do it?

We are now facing the NE corner of the room. :) That teddy bear was carved by my Great Uncle Roger (I got it wrong in the video...whoops) and hung in my nursery.

Cute little blessing pictures. I LOVE the hand one. They were only about 2 weeks old in these pictures and they were already holding hands. So sweet. And doesn't the statue remind you of hte characters in "The Night Before Christmas"? My mom gave it to me. We have a matching one of a man and woman together that was on the top of our wedding cake. Cute.

And we're back at the door, ready to go out and save who ever that is that is crying out there. I'm coming!!! :)

8 comments:

Ashley Dawn said...

Super duper cuteness..... now I just need Leslie to cut out a bunch of Vinyl stuff for me....haha. How much does it all cost?? I seriously might have to talk to this sister-in-law of yours!

Mommamia said...

Aimelia, Congrats on finishing a very cute nursery. Just for the record,,,Your great uncle Roger Schurke made the carved bear when you were very young. (He is Gramma Jo's brother) Uncle Rolly was Aunt Dorothy's husband. So there is some more family info for your very family inspired room! It is darling...but yours and Justins contribution to the room makes it most special!

Kamry Low said...

The room looks so good! Pictures turned out so good!!

Julie said...

Love it...can't wait to see it in person!

Katie said...

So cute, and simple all at the same time! You are inspiring me to do my daughters room...6 years in the making!!!
I love the pictures...and your JOY decor... you are so clever.
You do know that all of us,(your sisters) admire your ability to DO... you may be the youngest of us, but we all want to grow up and be like you.
:)

Ashley DeMille said...

Those rooms are so cute! And those little girls too! I can't believe how old they are. These little ones grow up way too fast!

Alysha Sladek said...

so cute!! love the pictures. and the polka dots are super cute too! nice job

Cristine said...

Cute room for two cute girls!!! I love the pink and green together.