WARNING>>>A MILLION PICTURES TO FOLLOW!!
You know you're in trouble when the first exhibit is the mighty Guinea Pig...I could have gone to my sister's house to see that one. Thanks. :)
And no zoo is complete without a Humpty Dumpty scene!
They had these animal themed water fountains throughout the Zoo...here is the hippo.
Aw!!
When Zach saw the Emu he said "Look mom! It's KEVIN!! (from Up.) I did a report on Emu's in the 6th grade. I painted an Emu body on a shirt and Emu feet on my socks, hiked my shorts up and used my legs as the Emu's! How risque!
The little black lambs were SO cute! Zach found something to feed it. I am sure it was edible...
Leslie showing the girls how it is done.
Dear Goats...please don't get your gooey slime on my babies' cute outfits! :)
Getting braver...
Kara getting braver. I'm glad I brought them in, I wasn't going to! They loved it!

Kate LOVED the animals. Check out her stance in all of the pictures.
Squatting...
Squatting...
Squatting...
and Squatting! Just wants a closer look!
Don't forget to pet the dirty black sheep!
The best picture of the 3 of them together I have gotten in a long time! Now if only they were closer together...we'll work on that.
A lemur for each of them! They got up close and personal with these guys.
"1, 2, 3, 4..."
My attempt at a closer picture of the 3 of them...good ones.


The Elephant drinking fountain...I think it should have come out of its trunk.
The better end of Lucy the Elephant. She is so old. She gets to come out on walks in the zoo grounds.

Oooooo...I get the chills just thinking about being this close...No thanks.
The SSSSSSnakes...the girls were just running around in circles there saying..."sssssssss"
Leslie blocked the door so Kate couldn't escape. Oh, she'll find a way!
The saddest exhibit. These poor seals were so cooped up. This was a little square pool for 2 or 3 seals. Not much bigger than what was pictured. It could open up into another little pool, but was not always open and not even bigger! And people are feeling bad for the elephant?? At least it gets to go for walks and get around!! I just hope this was the "winter" home for the seals. I just could help but think of those seals in La Jolla, swimming free! I guess what they don't know can't hurt them. Shhh...no one tell them.
They had a MARTY!! You can barely see him by the hut thing.
Zach meeting Mr. Jingles.
Kate being silly.
The hats just made them look so sweet and baby-ish! I love it! They are growing up SO fast, a good and bad thing. Sometimes I see their baby baby pictures, when they were just blobs laying on the couch by each other and I just want to hold them again.
Running from me and laughing. Funny girl Kara.
So cute.
Squatting...
Squatting...
Squatting...
and Squatting! Just wants a closer look!
Don't forget to pet the dirty black sheep!
The best picture of the 3 of them together I have gotten in a long time! Now if only they were closer together...we'll work on that.
A lemur for each of them! They got up close and personal with these guys.
"1, 2, 3, 4..."
My attempt at a closer picture of the 3 of them...good ones.

The Elephant drinking fountain...I think it should have come out of its trunk.
The better end of Lucy the Elephant. She is so old. She gets to come out on walks in the zoo grounds. 
Oooooo...I get the chills just thinking about being this close...No thanks.
The SSSSSSnakes...the girls were just running around in circles there saying..."sssssssss"
Leslie blocked the door so Kate couldn't escape. Oh, she'll find a way!
The saddest exhibit. These poor seals were so cooped up. This was a little square pool for 2 or 3 seals. Not much bigger than what was pictured. It could open up into another little pool, but was not always open and not even bigger! And people are feeling bad for the elephant?? At least it gets to go for walks and get around!! I just hope this was the "winter" home for the seals. I just could help but think of those seals in La Jolla, swimming free! I guess what they don't know can't hurt them. Shhh...no one tell them.
They had a MARTY!! You can barely see him by the hut thing.
Zach meeting Mr. Jingles.I just think it is SO cute. :)
Kate being silly.
The hats just made them look so sweet and baby-ish! I love it! They are growing up SO fast, a good and bad thing. Sometimes I see their baby baby pictures, when they were just blobs laying on the couch by each other and I just want to hold them again.
Running from me and laughing. Funny girl Kara.
So cute.(I'm so punny, I know!)






3 comments:
looks like you had fun. you'll have to come to the calgary zoo with me. it's no san diego, but it's still pretty good
Gotta love the egg at the entrance of the edmonton zoo! Oh love edmonton
Thanks for all the pictures. My goodness, they sure are growing! Can't wait to see you all again.
Post a Comment