Saturday, June 12, 2010

Garden!!

We planted a garden! Well, half of one. We split a plot with Richard and Leslie since we will be gone for most of the summer. We planted potatoes, carrots, onions, zucchini, and tomatoes. I am sad we won't have peas and beans to eat. They are SO yummy! But I am not sad that I don't have to pick, shell, and blanch them all!
The crew as I drove up...from shopping!! I was in charge of watching the girls, so, we went shopping! :)
Farmer Zachy planting zucchini...may it grow better than last year!

Justin, Richard, Zach and Leslie.


From the top this looks like it could be Justin, Me, and Zach...but it's not! Here are Richard and Leslie teaching Zach the ropes.

Proud of how dirty he is! He is excited to actually work in the garden this year and not stay in the car or at home. Now we can tell him what to pull and what not to pull. Yay!

3 comments:

Kamry Low said...

what a good worker zach is! i love gradens... maybe next year?

Ashley Dawn said...

you guys are so great to do this. Next year we'll be big into it again!

Rob and Marseille said...

Michael wanted to help us pull weeds & was very mad when we wouldn't let him pull up every green thing.