Happy Father's Day!
Fathers really do get overlooked... a lot. I am glad there is a special day for them, (even IF Justin's church meetings weren't cancelled like they were on Mother's Day...what's with that?)
My dad is a very hard working, faithful man who loves the Lord, loves his wife, loves his family (6 kids, 5 spouses, 22 grandchildren, and their newest addition, Teddy, my mom's beloved dog who dad tolerates), enjoys his occupation (especially the semi-retirement part!) He is full of experience, support, encouragement, and advice. I am who I am much to his credit. I love him and miss him a lot. Good thing there is email and telephones so I can still call and talk/worry to him. :) Thanks for your example of a father I wanted for my family.
My father-in-law is also an incredible man who balances a busy life of husband, father of 8 (+5 spouses), grandfather of 6 1/2, Stake President, and being one of the few doctors in a small town of 3000 people. Somehow he does all this calmly, in control, and efficiently and still always has/makes time to have fun and play with us all! Thanks for your influence on your amazing son. You've done good.
The father of my children is an equally amazing individual. I really chose right when I married him! Hopefully he feels the same! He has such a busy schedule with school, studying, church callings, and us waiting for him at home. He works hard to balance his life too so that nothing is neglected. He has done an amazing job doing all of his stuff, and then helping me with the kids at home. When he is home, he is HOME. And I love that. I hope I don't take advantage of his willing attitude. I hope I don't. He just does things with a BIG smile. I love it. Honey, you are an AMAZING father. Thanks for being so willing and so involved. WE LOVE YOU!
No comments:
Post a Comment