Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Winter Wednesday Cookie Party!

For my Winter Wednesday last week we decorated sugar cookies! [Side note...Winter Wednesday is an open play group at my house every Wednesday from 10 AM -12 PM. We party the winter away...along with my seasonal affective disorder Justin swears I have. :)] There was a crazy blizzard outside, so our numbers were sparse, relatively speaking. I knew for sure that 37 week pregnant Erin would be there because she is hard core Canadian like that. Maren semi-surprised me as she showed up with her 3 tots in tow. I'll never doubt you again Maren. You 'da woman. In the end, we decided that small numbers was a good thing! The kids had a great time.
Check out Kate's mouth...FULL of cookie dough.
This is how it's done.
Kara and her fiance Noah.
  1. I don't know why this picture won't load horizontally, but I thought it was cute how Kara was looking up at me and I'm smiling too. Like a perfect, "this wasn't stressful or any hassle at all. All of this kids took turns, never licked their hands, and put their cutters as close to the other shapes as possible so as to not waste any space" kind of picture. You know, 1950s.

    Hi Kara.

    Kate and Noah awaiting the deliciousness.

    I love this shot of Noah. He LOVED decorating and held the record for most cookies decorated...and bitten out of.

    The crew.

    Jackson took his time on his cookies. Such talent.

    Oh dear. She is such a cheese ball with this grin.

    Check out this cutie's eyes. So beautiful!

    The few I decorated. Gotta say it, I love the snowman.

    We really did have fun.

4 comments:

Jenny Fitzner said...

fun! I love winter Wednesdays! I only wish I was there... for the cookies. just kidding! for you too! I love all the pictures, especially the last one!

Kamry Low said...

I am truly impressed with your cookies! looked like fun, to bad we couldn't come!!

Maren said...

I can't believe you doubted me. I am offended beyond belief. I've ever flaked on you before. Or have I? Probably. Actually, I'm pretty sure I have. Wait, nope. I think I'm just late all the time, but you understand me, right? We both have three kids! Anything can make you late! ANYWHO! Thanks for posted all those fun pics! I also love the last one! And the one of Noah at the table. He truly did decorate the most and eat the most. How did he not barf? Seriously?

Jordana said...

Aaaww, so fun! I would have been there for sure, it's tradition! I think I have SAD too, maybe I should start doing Winter Wednesday up here. And I love the pudding finger painting, we did that a while ago and the kids loved it. I think I'll have to do that again soon.