Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Holiday Happenings and New Years Eve/Day

Just played in the Hill Spring Bloodbath--I mean tournament. It is usually very physical. Actually wasn't so bad this year, for the one game I saw. His team got 2nd place. Justin felt old and tired, but had fun playing with Ryan (Joanie's extra tall hubby!) and his buddy Skyler. Ryan got an all star! Woo hoo!!


Going to Cardston this year got me a bit more into the idea of moving south. It was warm!! About a 10-16 degree difference. Snow was actually melting and we could go outside! I know it isn't always like that, but man it was nice to have a bit of a break from hard core winter and take our kids for a walk. Kamry snapped this picture of us in front of the temple on a walk to go visit great grandma and grandpa (who have this view directly out of their front window. Everyday. Pretty cool. In fact, Karen's old room even had a temple view. Beautiful!

We took the kids swimming in Lethbridge one day. THEY LOVED IT! Especially Kate. I have got to get this girl lessons. She was jumping in and dunking herself like it was nothing. A total water baby. We really need to watch her.


They had these floaty things there, but man were they dangerous. I took my eye off Kate for a second. She leaned over trying to get out and almost flipped right over. I was so scared and SO grateful that I looked over and acted quickly.

Kate with Joanie's little cutie Jaxson.


I tried so hard to keep my eyes open under this thing. Blink..blink...blink blink...

Family! It has been really fun taking our kids places and doing things with them I like having older kids. Not that they are old, but they are older than little babies. It is just fun to watch them experience and enjoy.



NEW YEAR'S EVE!!!
On New Year's Eve Robbie, Brian, Justin, and I all went cross country skiing to Cameron Lake. It was WINDY and cold, but we were bundled enough to enjoy ourselves.

Most of the path is a beautiful tree lined view. When you look up, it's gorgeous. Oh, and I do have to say, I didn't fall once. Justin fell twice. Both trying to show off. :)

I wish there was more scenery in the background than the bathrooms, but that's what you get when a stranger takes the picture for you!

Now that is scenery. Cameron Lake.

We made it! We're out on the lake.

This looked way cooler in person, but if you look at my gray hairs on the left... they were frozen. I tried to break them, like on Cool Runnings, but it didn't work.

Another ice hair shot.

Us after it all down at Cameron Falls.
THIS WAS SO COLD AND WINDY!

Saying goodbye to 2010!!! Bring on 2011!!!


NEW YEAR'S DAY!
They're just cute.

We met up with Skyler and Briley to go sledding. There wasn't really a good hill, so they just pulled them behind the quads. After all of this they went to a good hill, but I took our tired girls home to nap...which they didn't. Uggggh. Another story. I am really sad I missed him sledding though. Justin said he LOVED it and wasn't scared at all!!

I love it when they get all bundled up.

Going to look for a decent hill.
No hill. So the girls went on with Justin. They looked SO cold.

Is this dangerous? I don't know, I trust Skyler! :)


And of course the annual trip to see the chickens. They always get louder and smellier every year. And yes, I was afraid my head was going to get pecked in this picture. "Quick. Take it Skyler!"

The PACKED van on the way home. Isn't this crazy?! We ended up leaving the big box in the back at home. Just in case it fell and corked Zach. Plus, I guess it is a good thing to be able to see out your back window while on a 5 hr road trip.
Time to go home to have a vacation from vacation. I was exhausted. Why don't kids sleep in on vacation? Actually, why don't kids sleep at all????


5 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! That really was a packed van! And that video of Kate going down the slide was super cute. We did the sledding behind a quad too and had a little accident. Probably because there were no adults on the sled with them!

AJ said...

I have a picture of me with friends on that lawn in front of the temple. I love it. It used to be our temple district in North Dakota. Love it.
And your kids are so cute and stinkin' funny.

Jordana said...

That looks so fun! I love the pictures of Cameron Lake, so gorgeous! See, another reason to move to Mountain View :) I love all the pics of you and Justin together, you guys are such cute love birds!

Alysha Sladek said...

looks like so much fun!! just looking at those pics (especially of your frozen hair) make me freezing and want to move south. as in arizona or something actually warm south. you're brave haha i'd NEVER be able to do that!
your girls are getting so big. tell them to stop growing sheesh! ;) oh and i loved the diaper dance party hahah too cute

Maren said...

I would be thinking the same things about those chicken pecking at my head! Aaaaah! Hahaha! Your trip sounded so fun, and all of your outdoorsiness made me want to do more things with Joe and the kids outside. I just need to wait for it to not be -30 outside now. I guess there's a reason we don't leave the house. Oh and I loved the dance party diapers babes. So cute!