I love that I caught this shot. Look familiar?
The flag raisers at Iwo Jima.I just thought it was awesome to get that shot. :) Cute kids. I also really like the idea that the flags are. Every patriotic holiday the boy scouts go around and put them up as a fundraiser. While waiting for the parade to come to our spot (we were at the tail end. Bad planning!! Whoops!) Robbie entertained the kids by letting them wrestle him. Good thing he is super strong and in shape, eh Robs? :) You sure kept them busy.
Waiting for the parade.
SOOO windy! Welcome to Southern Alberta!
The kids LOVED the parade. Well, I think they mostly loved the candy people threw! And the horsies. At one point there was a LONG pause...then is started again. Justin said "Yay, more parade!" Zach replied "More candy!!" Justin--"No, more parade!!" Zach-- "MORE CANDY!!!!"
After the parade, we went to Carol Dahl's house. Justin's great aunt. He grew up going to her place after the parade for a lunch and games and reunion. I LOVED her yard! It was incredible! And I really like this picture of Zach on the tire swing.
Isn't this little house precious?! I loved it! And that little stroller Kate was pushing was a very old antique buggy. Too cute.
This may have been the funniest part of the day. Kate was having so much fun in that cute little house that she pooped in her diaper. She usually goes in the toilet...anyway, I go to change her. Then Justin brings Kara in. Same thing. This wasn't the funny part by the way. They've both been pooping on the toilet for a long time and I don't enjoy changing poopy diapers again. Anyway, I needed a bag or something to throw them away in because the only trash I found was the food trash can and I don't want that smell ruining the party!! I asked Grandma Low for a bag to throw them away in and what does she give me? A bag with a tag that says "RICH BROWNIES" right on it. Brownies!? HA! I had to show a few people before I tossed it. Too funny.
This was a tradition Justin remembers and loves. Carol paints a bunch of rocks and hides them every year. Then the kids bring their rocks in a trade them in for candy. A different kind of candy for every color. The kids loved it!
My kids love Amber...Justin's cousin. She helped Kara find lots of rocks since she felt too old to do it for herself! She grabbed Kara and went for it! :)
3 comments:
Oh my goodness! So fun! I've never done the Raymond parade because we are always in Hill Spring. If you REALLy want to see what a small town parade is like, come with us next year! Tee hee! Such cute pics! I love the pic that Kare took of you. Such a beauty! I miss you!
Oh and the brownie bag was hilarious!
Love it!!! We used to always do that too when we were little and in southern ab at gma and gpa lows for canada day. Finding the painted rocks used to get quite competitive :)Good memories.
Post a Comment