Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!!

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! I love the decorations and the fun, and the MUSIC. I love the baking and making and not the shopping (but I am DONE and did tons online!! That's the way to go!), but the gift giving, thoughtfulness part I love. AND I LOVE THAT WE ARE GOING TO BE IN CALIFORNIA FOR CHRISTMAS!!!! SOON!!! :)
 Well, we caught the decorating bug EARLY this year. Like Remembrance Day early...November 11...a whole MONTH ago! This is usually goes against my American morals. You HAVE to celebrate Thanksgiving and THEN decorate for Christmas. Well, lets face it. I'm not in America anymore, we ate spaghetti on Thanksgiving, and we were leaving mid December and Zach REALLY wanted to put up the tree, so we did! We better get the decos up if we are going to enjoy them for a bit! And we have. I have loved every minute of my cozy decorated, yummy smelling, and Christmas music-ed home. :)
 Our tree is nothing like those beautifully coordinated and decorated trees you may see in most homes. I think those are amazing and beautiful, but for me and my style, I like the kids to do it and to have random ornaments. They get one from Grandma every year and are starting to build a collection. We can almost put some on the back side now! :) No. Not yet. They LOVED putting up their ornaments. I tried to make it a little less bottom heavy, so it looks semi-balanced, but it is cute. :) And fake...what? I said I'd never do that either!

 Here's a general picture of what you see when you walk in...

 My other place had a lot more ledges and places to decorate, so I was a bit concerned as to how it was going to work out here, but we managed to squeeze it all in.
 I love my Willow Tree Nativity. A lot. Simple. Sweet. Beautiful. I also highly recommend the Bath and Body works candles (when they are on sale). They make my whole house smell amazing. And we have a picture of the girls just days old with those 2 gingerbread men (given to me by two of my best childhood friends Jolene and Kristen! I was with Jolene when she bought it. She tried to hide it in the Target shopping cart...I saw it). Awww. I like memories.

 Another sentimental decoration is our stockings. My mom makes them! She's made one for EVERY person in our family. That adds up to 37 with 3 on the way!! I think they are cute. I hung them with care...with those 3M won't hurt your wall things. They better NOT! We'll see. Yikes.

 The tree! All those boxes underneath are empty. But it looks cute!
 And my star. I finally found a star I liked. It has glitter all over it though, so it is messy putting up and taking down, but I really like it too.
I also have this nativity for the kids to play with. It is fun to watch them play. Usually it all just gets knocked off the table and makes a mess, but it's worth it for the few minutes they do play with it.
 I couldn't find the Simon Dewey print of the Baby Jesus in the manger I wanted, but this one was in the back of the Ensign and I liked it too.

 There is something magic about Christmas. Really. Even though people make it crazy with all of the sales and shopping and busy-ness, you can't deny that it is a celebration of an amazing birth that occured thousands of years ago for our salvation. I love sitting on the couch in the dark and just looking at the tree and feeling all of the love Christmas brings; from family, from friends, and from God.
Merry Christmas Everybody!! It is only 2 weeks away. Goes SO fast.

7 comments:

Katie said...

A very inviting Christmas home! One day we will head up there and see it... although we'll come in the summer time. :) See you in a few days!

BUB said...

Spaghetti on Thanksgiving?

So . . . you are going to be applying for your Canadian citizenship now?

Cambria said...

Your decorations look great! And we'll be in California for Christmas too!!

Jordana said...

Wow, your house looks so Christmasy! You have a lot of decorations, this year I was thinking that we need to get some more decorations, but we don't even have enough room to put up the ones we have, so maybe we just need a bigger house! :)
I love your tree because it looks just like ours. No fancy designer tree, just a few homemade ornaments, and I love it. And I have a glittery star that gets all over too, hehe! I miss you, that's so awesome you're going home for Christmas, have fun!!!

Jenny Fitzner said...

I love Christmas!!! After Milo goes to bed, I turn off most of our lights and look at our brightly lit Christmas tree. and homey trees are the best! that's how I remember our tree growing up. We had hundreds of ornaments that were so ugly, but we had a blast decorating them. That's probably how it'll be in our house until the kids are outta the house. love love love your house!

Maren said...

Amen to what Jenny said. And my tree looks just the same, ...just half the size. Haha! One day we'll have a big tree and we might even do the "REAL" thing. My parents did that, ...and I love the smell of Christmas trees, ...however, I was a kid and didn't ever have to clean up the mess. So, we'll see what I think of REAL Christmas trees as a parent. Tee hee! I love your star by the way. I still haven't found a star that works on my tree. So, I used the Angel that we all got as ornaments at the Enrichment activity last year. You have one too right? It'd better be on your tree reminding you of ME!

Cody44 said...

Ahem...FOUR stockings on the way...plus another family one...