A few weeks ago we had our first REAL snow that stuck for a while! The kids were SO excited. And we have a great backyard to play in and it was actually warm enough to and NOT WINDY so we went out! Woo hoo!! I even shovelled our whole driveway and sidewalk. My annual shovelling. Done. :) By the way, this picture makes me really happy because they are ALL looking and semi-smiling!! And snow is great lighting. Yay!
My kids really like to eat snow. Oh, and I want to figure out how to keep their mitts on! So annoying!
Zach pulled Kara around and I pulled Kate. Love how Kara is just trying to enjoy the ride while Zach keeps falling on his bum! Good brother. :)
Cutie Kate. And I have to say, I am SOOO happy that the toques I made them last year match this year's coat PERFECTLY! A purple one and a teal one. YES!
Santa came to our house and we all told him what we wanted. Justin says he wants money in his bank account after Christmas...yikes! We'll see what I can do!
Painting! Okay, i helped Kara a little. She wanted Joseph, Mary, and Baby Jesus. Afterward she ran and brought over her Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus from her toy nativity. Pretty cute.
AND NOW...
With this post about snow, I'd like to share a little ditty about how excited I am to be spending Christmas in CALIFORNIA. We haven't been back for Christmas since Zach was 8 months old...As beautiful as snow is, Christmas is possible without it. :)
I'm dreaming of a brown Christmas,
Just like the ones I used to know.
Where the side walks are clear
and sun beams are near,
there is no trace of snow.
I'm dreaming of a brown Christmas,
with every Christmas card I write.
May your pillow be full of down,
And may all your Christmases be brown.
:)
Thank you. Thank you very much.
3 comments:
I was going to comment on your BEANIES matching perfectly! And I'm glad they still fit, good job!
Love the poem too.
Take me with you. What is this magical place of Brown-Christmases? I will never know..... And your backyard really IS the best for playing. It's like a huge field. Lucky. I will miss you while you're gone! Oh wait, ...you already are.
So far Edmonton has half white and half brown christmas. best of both worlds you just need to come to edmonton. I wish i had a backyard...you can come play on our deck if you come back!
Post a Comment