Cody, my little brother, and Jessica got married on December 17. I love weddings. I love love. :) He is the last in our fam to get hitched. Woo hoo!! Congrats mom and dad! And Cody and Jessica!!! We are so happy you picked WARM San Diego Temple to get married in. Especially since we were already coming there!!!
The CRAZIEST thing happened when we were pulling up to the temple! I saw Carson Demille there, the hubby of my good friend Ashley! We were all in the same BYU married student ward there in Provo before any of us had kids! She had her little Jaxon and I had my Zach less than a year later. Anyway, it was totally random to see him there and then to see Ashley! Apparently his brother was getting married and decided to get married in San Diego just because it is beautiful and warm so all of their family came out from Utah for the wedding! It was so fun to see her and to catch up and meet her kiddos I hadn't seen yet!
My kids waiting ever so patiently for us through the ceremony. Zach was not a happy camper because his mean older babysitter cousin wouldn't let him do what he wanted to do he later told me. Ugh. The NERVE! :) Thanks for watching and putting up with my kids David!
My girlies with some of their other cousins. Purple was the color of the season! Justin's brother's wedding was purple along with 2 other weddings that day and then there was Cody's wedding and ANOTHER wedding that was purple taking pictures by us! Popular!
Kara was in heaven with all of the dresses and flowers and hype of it all. Girly girl.
Me trying to capture the moment with my man. 6 1/2 years ago we were married in the San Diego temple. Mwwahhh. Love you hon.
Better. Someone saw me trying to take my own pictures and took pity on us.
Zach still being sad and somber.
AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL!
My sister Katie with my should be called half sisters Jackie and Jamie Burdick...waiting for the couple...
After Zach and I had a talk about how he should change his attitude and smile or he may ruin the special day for Jessica and Cody! Not sure this was the smile I was going for! :) We'll take it!
Aw, that's better! Thanks for cheering up so quickly boy!
After I took his picture he wanted to take mine with the flower he gave me. :)
Kara and Papa.
And they are OUT!! They did it!! The cute couple. I am really excited for them. They are great for each other and I really like Jessica! She just fits right in!!!
Uncle Cody hugging all of his biggest fans...the nieces and nephews!! Jessica has 24 new nieces and nephews...with 3 on the way!!
I love these 2 guys! Congrats brother. You are going to be a great husband!
These 2 are pretty cute together. Zach and Michael were buds. I love the bow ties and vests. All the boys just looked so dashing. I caught Zach straightening his bow tie several times that day. :)
Kara with her favorite cousin. Okay, one of her favorites. :) She LOVES David. And so do we! He was so interested and so helpful! Thanks David!
See! Who wouldn't love this kid! You 'da man.
Here is a picture of our whole crew. A squinty Southern California picture.
P.S. the 3 of us mommies on the right are the prego ones! Due in March, April, and May! Crazy!
My parents and their 6 amazing children. :)
I love my family! It is fun when you all grow up and really just become best friends!
Other than the wedding of course, THIS was the highlight of the day...if you look close, my mom is carrying Kate up the hill at the temple. While we were taking our bridal party pictures Kate apparently had to go potty. She pulled her tights and undies down and went potty down there by the fence. On the temple grounds!! Yikes! That is Kate for you. You know though, in a kid's mind it makes sense. I have to go and I have to go now and I know mom will be mad if I wet my pants, so why not take them off and go! Yikes yikes yikes. She showed an affinity for pottying in nature...did it a few more times at my parents house and at Carrie's. Yuck! We've talked to her several times about it and hope she is catching on that we only potty outside if there is NO other choice. Good thing we live in the freezing cold. That will teach her!
We broke out the snack bag during picture time. He quickly became the favorite uncle. :) These good kids had been waiting around the temple grounds for a few hours. A well earned snack. I don't think our little bag went very far though! With 24 mouths to feed the food goes quickly!
All the girl cousins!
(with 2 more coming in May!)
And the strapping boy cousins!
1 more coming in March!
All the girl cousins!
(with 2 more coming in May!)
And the strapping boy cousins!
1 more coming in March!
The reception was at our house and was very nice. It was fun to see lots of friends I haven't seen for a while!! Me and Jolene, my buddy since I was 9 months old...
And Kristen!!! Since I was like 3 or 4! :)
What a good day!!!







8 comments:
Is this the brother who just got home from the mission and was supposed to marry my sister in law? Oh well. They look like a happy couple!
Wasn't it such good weather that weekend! I miss CA. Carson and I decided we want to move there and just visit the snow once a year! I am so glad we saw you guys since we have been trying for years to catch up! You guys are awesome! Congrats to your brother even though I had high hopes for us to be related some how! Maybe Zach and Madi! or One of the twins and Jaxon... There's still hope!
looked like so much fun! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the colors. the kids look awesome. the photos look great and clear!
No, he was supposed to be marrying MY sis-in-law. Nice try guys. Oh wait. It's too late for all of us. Haha! Such beautiful pics! And it's so pretty down there. I love the San Diego temple. So pretty! Glad it was a fun family and friends time!
THat is soo crazy that you ran into the DeMilles there! what are the odds
How nice you were able to be there. It looks like it was wonderful. Time for some prego pics my friend
How did I miss this post? So fun!! I loved looking at all the pictures and you have such a beautiful family and that temple looks amazing. I wish I could've been there... just to be in nice weather... AND to be with you of course.
Wow, your family looks so much alike! What a great day. It looks like it was beautiful!
Post a Comment