Saturday, March 31, 2012

Funny Girls

This girl is crazy. You know what stinks so bad? What causes her to plug her nose as she drinks her milk and eats breakfast? BANANAS!!! Kate's banana to be exact. Kara used to devour bananas with the other 2, but no longer. Now they are disgusting and smell apparently. She will eat banana bread and smoothies with bananas though. I just thought it was so funny that she'd plug her nose. "Mommy, I smell banana." They both have quite the sense of smell though, quick to catch on. When we are in the car they always point out the cow poop smell or once when I snuck Justin some sour patch kids as he drove Kate picked up on it a few seconds later. Today she caught me sneaking chocolate mini eggs...She sniffs the air a couple times and says "I smell chocolate." If you would have eaten your dinner I would have shared... :)
 And here is my orphan girl. :) She wanted lots of braids in her hair, so I did that, then we went to a friends to play where she found a dress up dress and a headband. And then wanted to go outside and play so we have to put their coats on. Isn't she adorable? :)
And what did the kids find? Look in the bottom corner of the picture...
Yep a dead gopher! They wanted to pet it. I drew the line there. Lainey and her dad shot it actually. Apparently you have to get the pregnant ones before they give birth. Fun in the country!
Just in case the last view wasn't close enough for you. The girls asked me to take a picture of just the gopher so they could remember it.
:) Love them.

4 comments:

Alysha Sladek said...

Gross!!!!! Haha they wanted to remember it? Hilarious!

Leslie said...

They are so grown up! And I am missing it :( and I can't believe you even let your kids get that close to it. Sick!

Maren said...

When I married into Joe's family and went to the first family reunion is Southern AB, we went gofer hunting, so this sort of thing doesn't shock me anymore. It did back then. Poor things. But I guess they ARE pests to the farmers. Sad. Anywho, gross that they got close enough to almost touch it!! Yuck! Good thing you were right there! Yikes! p.s. if Kara is an orphan in that shot then all of my kids are orphans all the time! Ha!

Unknown said...

Haha! They are so cute. My kids can smell when I am eating candy or chocolate too. I will be in the other room getting some candy and they will hear the bag crinkle. "mommy, what are you eating?!!" I usually don't hide it from them, cause I am mean and just say no! I love that they wanted a picture of the dead gopher...sick! And Taylor always looks homeless when she gets home from school, with her crazy hair!