Sunday, April 29, 2012

Crazy Weekend!

A couple weeks ago Justin was working in Milk River, then had an academic conference in Medicine Hat, and then had to be on call again in Milk River so it was either stay home alone from Wednesday morning until Monday night OR party all weekend. ;) We decided to party. We swooped down to Milk River, picked Justin up from work, drove to Medicine Hat and stayed in a hotel for 2 nights. This hotel has water slides which Zach and Kate especially love. Justin went with us the first day after his courses, and then the next I was on my own, 38 weeks pregnant at the time, but still got my suit on to go to the pool and watch them go up the stairs and down the slide. The things you will do for your kids. I DID NOT climb all of those stairs or go down the slide though. :) Poor Kara wouldn't go alone. The first day she went with Zach, but I think some dumb older kids went too soon after her a couple times and since they weigh more, they caught up to her I was there to catch her, but those boys came right afterward and kind of pulled her and Zach under. Now she won't try again. Dumb boys. ANYWAY, here is a long, kinda funny video of Kate on the slides. She was in the zone! She and Zach went so many times! And each time they climbed over 60 stairs to the top. CRAZY!

 


Poor Kara...see her shiner. This girl is the princess of bad luck. Zach thought he would start a pillow fight with unaware Kate, which pushed Kate's into Kara's cheek bone. Sad. Same thing when she chipped her tooth. Kate had a metal bowl on her head and tripped and just happened to hit Kara right on the corner of her tooth. At least it was only one. Poor, poor Kara.

Kara, my little poser, on the MASSIVE chairs at the Med Hat Lodge.
Kate, exhausted as only part 1 of our 3 part trip ends. She propped the pillow on her own. I just thought it was cute.
After our 2 nights in Medicine Hat and 1 night in Milk River (population 850) the kids and I headed to Cardston where Jason and Kamry and their kids were staying for the weekend while Jason worked. It was so fun to see them again! The kids LOVE Talia and baby Jace. And they all played really well! I am sad we moved when we did, because that is when Talia really seemed to become a big girl and talk and play interactively a lot more. At least they still get to see each other sometimes. And hopefully they will move soon!!! Here is a little after church iPad time.

And Zach and Kate. I know this picture is horrible quality/lighting, but they were playing so nicely together and doing something silly that I don't remember, but I just love Kate's sweet pose and face here. :)

No comments: