Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter!

We started our holiday week off right by making chocolate nests for our Family Home evening treat. They were just a little messy. :)




Look appetizing?? Kate was a smart bird mama and covered her eggs with "sticks" too. ;)

The recipe made A LOT. So much that I thought, let's make plates and bring them to our neighbors that we haven't met yet! I probably shouldn't have brought these as our first treats to people, because I actually am a good baker, but no matter. The kids were SO happy to be sharing and they loved talking to all of our neighbors. We have a pretty old neighborhood so I think all of the grandpas and grandmas had fun chatting with our kiddos. The coolest thing was that within the next few days 3 of our neighbors came over to see us! Two of the neighbors brought the kids Easter treats (like they need more chocolate!! Nice thought of course though and the kids loved it!) and one of the neighbors, a florist, had her husband bring us a beautiful Easter flower bouquet! It was so special! I don't think I've ever had flowers delivered to my door!

At the end of the week we dyed Easter eggs. I love dying eggs and so do the kids. It is a bit harder to get creative while monitoring 3 tinies with eggs and dye everywhere, but it is more fun to see how much they are having than to have the coolest egg. :)
Friday night the Easter Bunny dropped by. So fun to meet him finally! That is our beautiful bouquet from our neighbor. I loved the sight of all of the baskets together. And those cute little chicks in the basket "peep." They are almost as cute as the real thing. And they smell better. :) I couldn't find anywhere to go see some real ones darn it!


See, the bunny came!!! And went...Eeew eh? Kate ate them!!! Never fear, they were chocolate raisins. Kara was SO disgusted though. Kept saying "Eeeeww!" in her girly squeal. I thought it was pretty funny...and real looking.

I knew Kate would love her baby Cheepy. She has a thing for birds...remember that "cute" pigeon she is attached too. Yep. Now it has a baby.

Zach found his basket finally! In the dryer!


I walked in the room and thought it was so cute that they were all playing so nicely together. Then Zach let me know that they were roasting their chicks over the "fire." Nice. Makes me wonder, how would my girls be different if their older sibling was a girl?? :)

While Justin was conducting a baptism and the girls were napping, Zach and I set up an egg hunt. It was fun to watch Zach hide the girls eggs and look at me and give me a thumbs up when he thought it was an awesomely hard spot. Good work Zach. I hid his later when he wasn't looking.
So focused!! They had to find the eggs with only their sticker on them. It was fun to watch them run crazily around the yard searching for eggs. Kate still goes outside and says she is going to look for eggs. She found one the day after Easter!



Victory!
Us girls on Easter Sunday!! Zach and Justin were too quick to change. We didn't really have any special Easter outfits, but had to take a picture on Easter Sunday!
I found, and swallowed, the BIGGEST egg! ;) 37 weeks! Ah! It is getting close!
    Zach wanted the turkey leg. Yum!! :) We had the missionaries over for Easter dinner. No one had signed up?!! And they serve in 2 wards. Crazy! Anyway, our Elders are probably the SHORTEST companionship that exists in the field right now. There is a Filipino elder that stands at 5'0" and the other Elder is a whopping 4'11"! This explains why the first thing out of Zach's mouth when he saw the missionaries crossing the street was "They're KID MISSIONARIES!!!" He was pretty excited! He kept asking them why they were so short. Oh the innocent curiosity of children. I had to explain that some people just don't grow as tall as others! I was laughing so hard...inside of course! KID MISSIONARIES!!! Still makes me laugh...

3 comments:

Maren said...

I laughed out loud at the part where they were "roasting the chicks over the fire." Ha! Boys are lovely, aren't they? And who doesn't love having kid-missionaries over, right?

PamH said...

Lol...roasting the chickens, so funny!!! My closest sibling was a boy to and I definitely think it made me more tomboyish! Good thing the girls have each other. :)

Unknown said...

haha! I loved that mess left on the couch! You are too funny! And your hair is getting so long, it's always gorgeous! You look so good pregnant!