I was lucky enough to have MY mom at my house on Mother's Day. We got to share the day (we look alike, eh?) . It was full of yummy food, cards, church, and gifts...a memory foam pad on my mattress!! YES PLEASE!! It was a wonderful surprise. This was also Adaleigh's first week at church. On Mother's Day. So tiny. And I felt really good! Yay for great recoveries!
It was really special to have a tiny baby on Mother's Day. I love being a mother. Especially right now to this beautiful baby. It really is a blessing. Not easy at all, in fact THE hardest thing and THE MOST work I've ever done in my life, but so rewarding in moments. Having mom around made me think a lot about how someday I will be in mom's position, helping my girls with their babies and families...crazy, crazy. I am so grateful I had such a great mom that taught me so much. I hope I can be a great mom for my children and teach them the right things. Mostly how to be nice. We are working on that one...
Got milk?? She looks shocked. Ha ha. So nasty. She did this quite often. She loves to eat, and apparently over eat! She spit up a ton of milk, like a feeding full. Then I never know what to do? Are you empty now that you puked?
Mer Mer in action.
It makes me sad to look at these pictures since i am about a month late posting them. My tiny newborn! Those puffy eyes and empty cheeks are here no longer! She is chubbing up and still very alert and smiley. Still my sweet newborn, but growing up too fast already!
Almost a smile! Cutie pie.
Listening to her mommy. Smart girl...
Smiles! (13 days old)
Look at that cute little tongue and chubby cheeks.
Sisterly love. I love watching the kids with her. They are so good with her and love her so much!
We took mom to visit Cardston and she and I went to the temple. Speaking of, Mom I need the picture we took there! We also went and introduced Addie to Great Grandma Low.
The kids love to go visit her, and know EXACTLY where her candy drawer is. What can I say, I did the SAME thing as a kid. Straight to Nanny's cookie and candy jar.
Kara loving up her 3 week old sister...
And the proud big brother. He is SO cute with her. Loves her. "Hiiii cuuuutieee!!" :)
Chillaxin' in the bath. She loves them. I am so happy because she scared us at the hospital. The most reactive baby ever! You touched her or moved her and she was so angry! Screamed at you! She had her right to though. They poked and prodded her a lot. Now she is a dream.
On the way to take Mer Mer to the airport. Boo. I was trying to catch the cute moment when Zach was laying on her shoulder. So sweet. On a side note...man we almost have a FULL minivan! YIKES!!
Saying goodbye to my mama. :( I am so glad she came and played with us! I really dislike being so far away from my family. Especially my sisters and my mom. The night before my mom left I was putting Zach to bed and he asked me, "Mom, are you sad you married Daddy?" I said "No, I love daddy! Why would I be sad?" "Because he took you far away from your mom and dad."
So sensitive. He then proceeded to tell me how he was always going to live with us. We will see about that! :)
We had such a great time with Mer Mer. We are all sad to see her go.
GOODBYE MER MER!!! We love you! And MISS you!!!
Come back AGAIN!
5 comments:
Cute pictures! Yeah, she was way more grown up even when we saw her. And cute little Zach! I got tears in my eyes when I read that. That is a very sensitive boy! Of course we love our husbands and are happy to live here, it just stinks to be so far away. glad your mom was able to come.
Amelia, this makes me so happy and so sad at the same time. Addie is so sweet and adorable and I love when Mommies come to visit and help out. It makes me miss my own Mom and also makes me really miss you. A lot! I can't believe it's already been a year. I kind of can, only because I miss you, but I'm glad it's gone by fast for you! I'm sure it hasn't been the easiest year! Anywho, I miss you and look forward to seeing you and meeting little Addie soon.
such a great photos! addie still cute as ever. it does suck living far away that's why i'm dreadinjg moving if we do. What a sweet comment from zach, how does he even grasp that?
Great post, and AMEN!
Can I just copy and paste your sentiments on my blog? :) Something I noticed... Kate and Kara look REALLY old now. Funny how that happens. See you next week!!!!
um...our babies are almost twins..do you see it?
Post a Comment