Monday, September 17, 2012

Cardston Heritage Days!

On my birthday we travelled to Medicine Hat for Justin's Academic Days. He goes to school for 2 days and I stay at the hotel and water slide with the kids. No pics of that because there are no hands for cameras now. 4 kids is busy!!!! They had fun though, and Kara even FINALLY went down the slide on her own (she has before and loved it. Crazy girl.) She only did it because I promised her a pack of purple gum. ;) Oh, bribery. After all the fun in Medicine Hat ended we went back to Olds for a week and then headed to Cardston for the weekend before our big Echo trip. Justin took Zach fishing with some of his cousins up at Waterton Lake. They caught a couple brook trout. Fishing has been the highlight of the summer for those two.
 Grandma cooked up the fish one day. Tails and all.
 
My cute little 3 month old.

That weekend was Cardston Heritage days. They always have a great little parade. The kids love going and getting all of the candy!! Man, my kids are growing up!


Karen got home from her semester at BYU Jerusalem that week!! It was so good to see her again. The kids LOVE her.

The coolest part of the parade was that the 2012 Cardston High School Boys Basketball team were the parade marshalls!! They were the 2012 Provincial Champions. That's saying a lot. These guys beat out big teams from Calgary and Edmonton...from a town of 3,500. A basketball town of 3,500. Anyway, Dallin got to walk the parade route and hand out candy. These boys are superstars in
Cardston.
 
 
 
 
Yeyow car! Yeyow is Kara's favorite color. Even when I am driving by myself (when is that??) and see a yellow car I have to point it out. Funny how having kids changes your thinking and actions. You start noticing certain bugs, colors, certain vehicles...
My favorite thing about this picture is that Aunt Shirley is literally stealing candy from my babies. :) Any time Shirley! :)
 
 






Here is the parade group. Richard and Leslie were down doing an elective in Cardston, so we got to hang out with them and play with their cute cousin Benson.
  

And here is Great Grandpa French with Ada-girl. I failed to mention the most time consuming part of our weekend. The softball tournament! Justin and I both got to play on the team. We just brought our 4 little fans...a.k.a. kids...along with us and they played with some of their older second cousins that were hanging around. Luckily there were parks at every field we went to. in 24 hrs we played 6 softball games I think? We started out doing not so hot, but when it came down to it we went to the semi final game! And I actually was a contributor to the team. Got on base or RBI most times! Felt good. I played softball all growing up, but haven't played since Grade 9, so I am glad some of it came back. Can't wait for next year!!! Although I will have a 15 month old. Busy age. We will see! After the parade and between games we also had a French Family luncheon. Quite the weekend. And I was SO SORE by the end of the day and for 3 days after! Like if I wanted to pick up my legs to move them or cross them or something I had to do just that...literally pick them up. With my hands. Ridiculous! But my 3 month postpartum body hasn't really been doing quick sprinting spurts. Next year I will have to train. ;)
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: