Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ice Skating and Ice Fishing: Oh So Canadian


Zach got skates for Christmas. His kindergarten had a 6-week ice skating program. It was really fun watching him and 23 other 5 year-olds learn how to skate. Justin wanted to take him skating and help him practice. It was fun watching him (Justin) skate. He is fast and looks so coordinated, and attractive! In fact, one of the first times I really noticed him and decided I wanted to get to know him better was at our singles ward ice skating party. All the Canucks were bombing around the rink while everyone else held hands and hung on for dear life. I am a horrible skater and am okay with that since I grew up in Southern California, but it looks fun. If only I could learn how to stop without running into the walls...

Then of course Kate and Kara wanted a turn...it wasn't so easy for them. Basically Justin held them like this while they flailed and slipped around. I tried to help one of them for a while and almost fell over so many times! (not like that is saying much)

One cold January morning Justin and his high school buddy Skyler took their boys ice fishing. Zach loved it!

The little hole they fished in. Pretty cool!


 The boys loving the hut, and the food!
The boys and their 3 trout.

3 comments:

Kamry Low said...

what canadian experiences! love it! i've never been ice fishing. Not sure if i'd love it but I'd like to try it. I'd also love to see a class full of 5 year olds learn how to skate.

Jenny Fitzner said...

5 year olds skating would be adorable to watch! I've also never been ice fishing, maybe it's a Canadian boy thing? Love the Canadian post!

Alysha Sladek said...

brrrrr those photos made me cold hahaha looks like they had fun