After our lovely stay at Echo lake we took Papa and Mer Mer back to Cardston with us! Each of the kids got a turn to drive in their car with them. I rode with them too! :) Got to be the kid in the back seat again. We stopped at Lake Macdonald for a picnic lunch and of course they had to play in the water. Irresistible. Even if it is a freezing rocky glacial lake!
I stole all of these pictures from Dad. He got pretty good at doing panoramas. It is a gorgeous place! Come see it! And visit us!!
Picnic time!
Beautiful drive over Logan's Pass.

Triplets? I get that question a lot these days. The girls seem to be catching up to Zach Attack. They are only 20 months apart!

We stopped at the top of the pass and at several other touristy beautiful spots. The kids loved it and it was fun because we usually just drive on through to get to Echo as fast as possible! It was fun to stop and explore a bit.

This place is my favorite. Sunrift Gorge. It is SO cool! I want to walk right above the sides and see how long it goes...alas there are no trails up there. It is so cool to watch the water fall down the rocks and out of the tiny crevice.


A little cave at the side of the road. The girls were kinda scared to go into it...can you tell on Kara's face? It was cold in there too...and I have to admit, I was nervous an animal would pop out at any second as well!

My FAVORITE thing about summer in Southern Alberta (besides the lack of snow and cold!)...gorgeous canola fields!!! I will have family pictures in these one day!
We also had a major hailstorm while Papa and Mer Mer were here. These have been very frequent around these parts I've noticed. Honestly like 1/week in July. You never know what the weather will bring. It sure is a place of extreme weather. Wind, hail, snow, ice rain...wow. We saw the DARK angry clouds coming and knew we should get the vehicles in the garage. We even angled it just right so that we got my parent's in too!
They were just bouncing off the lawn and the roof...it was so loud. They ended up being about ping pong ball sized. Not the baseball sized ones they had last year, but the biggest I've ever seen!

While mom and dad were there we got our sprinklers put in. YAY! The worker was so great with Zach, letting him help in whatever he could. Zach is all about manual labor when he wants to be. Give that kid a job or a project and it will get done!

He even let Zach use his pocket knife and cut things for him!
Here is our beautiful garden!!! Just look at that soil. We are so excited for this part of our new house. Especially since it was already done for us...minus the tilled soil. We decided to plant lots of strawberries and raspberries in most of the boxes. By the way, Justin is THE hardest worker I know. Really.




















No comments:
Post a Comment