Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Big 2-9!!

It's (was) my birfday! My mom and dad had a birthday breakfast of delicious home made (by Mama Maria!) fruit filled crepes! They were SOO good. Kara just saw this picture and asked if I could make that food again. :) Uh huh! So here I am at my Birfday Breakfast. 29. Dang. That's almost old. I have a lot to show for those 29 years though! I should be this old!




It was fun to have my mom and dad there for the morning. Mommy gave me a few fun birthday presents too! She bought me this cute and comfy polka dot shirt (thanks mom!! I love it!) and while we were shopping at an antique shop in Big Fork, MT she found this "A Good Mother Makes A Happy Home" plate that she has been collecting for all of her daughters and a super cute "You Are My Sunshine" sign that I put on Justin and my "Love Wall" that I just put up...
Isn't it a cute sign! I love it. And a fun wall with several of the memorable/fun places we've been so far...engagement, wedding, honeymoon, California, hiking Chief Mountain, and HAWAII....ahhh like a breath of fresh air just thinking about that one...This was my 8 year anniversary present to Justin. Our Love Wall. :) 
Add caption

After my parents left we went as a family to the Remington Carriage Center here in Cardston. I wish my parents could have stayed just one more day because my dad would have LOVED this!! Oh well...next time. There were a few things that I really wanted them to do that we didn't get to, so they HAVE to come back in the summer again! Anyway, the kids really liked this place!! Especially the movie about horse poop. :) Even Justin remembers that one from his Elementary School field trip days...and it is still there! A classic!  :)
 
They had a lot for the kids to do there, and the funny thing was that the carriage driver in the video is our new Bishop, Mark Heggie!
 Watching the poop video. I think they watched it 3 times? :)
 
Even Addie loved it!! 


There were SOO many carriages. Millions of different kinds...okay not millions, but it seemed like it! And just when you thought it was over, you walk into another huge warehouse full!

After the tour we went on a carriage ride! Cynthia and Rob and Cammie joined us. It is fun to have family in town to celebrate with. :)
  
 

And later we got together with Brian and Cynthia and Rob and Cammie at our place for a delicious steak and broiled potato birthday dinner they were so good and yes I made them! But it was fun and special and delicious!

Cynthia made me a birthday cake and put the candles on for me...the wrong way. :) Silly. Sometimes it kinda feels like I am 92...dang I look good! (for being 92 I mean in case you didn't get it...)
 
 

Me and the hubbers. Rob and Cam gave him a BYU shirt...for my birthday? What? They also gave us free babysitting...and a really funny card. I got some really great cards this year actually. Well, kinda immature ones, but funny none the least!

From Rob and Cam...Front: "I know why you always look forward to your birthday!"
Inside: "It's the spankings, isn't it? Enjoy!"

From Justin...Front: "Happiness is like peeing in your pants. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth."
Inside: "It's your Birthday. Let your happiness show."

Exactly and I did.
Don't let these 'polite' Low boys fool you...and yes I laughed and shook my head. :)
 

Addie saying goodbye to Bama. She was just checking her out. :) It is fun to have some family close by. And check out that pokey antenna! End of day hair!

I like this one of both of them.

And look at this present I walked in on. SO SWEET!! Another enjoy the moment and grab the camera cuz this rarely happens! So cute though. I bought the girls a new brush hoping it would be softer on their tender heads. Zach wanted to try it out. I wish I could say it was always like this, but I will take whatever glimpses of peace that I can get. So precious. :)
 

And I will capture it at every angle. ;)

Kids wanted me to take some pictures of each of them...Here are my 6 best presents ever!
1. Kara and her sweet nature.

2. Kate and her sense of humour...whoa...I just spelled that like a Canadian without thinking.

3. Zach and his sensitivity and love for his Mama. Not afraid to show it and tell it.

4. Adaleigh and her fun personality. She fits right in with them all...even down to the wrestling.

5. Justin and his wit and charm.
6. And the fishing rod Justin gave me for my birthday so he doesn't have to share his with me if we are fishing and miss 'the catch of the season'or worse yet watch me reel it in.
Just kidding honey! I really do love it and think it's a fun, thoughtful present...now let's go fishing! Being that it's September now I will probably need an ice fishing rod instead though!

5 comments:

Jenny Fitzner said...

yay for being 29! and an extra yay for humoUr!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, ...like a month ago. Haha! So fun. And what the heck? Addie looks just like Kate! Crazy, ...and cute of course. Glad you had a fun birthday. In all my years I've never been to the carriage museum in Cardston. Time to check er out!!

Kamry Low said...

I love this post! you do look great for 92. those cards remind of something Jason would pick up... lows haha! love this post! makes me miss being there with you guys... oh wait we've never lived there but I miss itg!

Alysha Sladek said...

Looks like fun! Enjoy the last year in your 20's ;)
Love the cards hahha and I LOOOVE your love wall!! SO cute!

Unknown said...

You are only 29?!! Lucky! But your cake says 92? I'm confused. Haha! And you are so gorgeous! You always look so pretty and beautiful in all your pics. Lucky! And how adorable Zach brushing Kate's hair!