We live in the same town as Bama...but she has been gone A LOT! So we made her these signs to welcome here home from Edmonton last time. The girls helped color them in and did so good!
The kids have been bugging me for a while now about making the house "spooky." I do not like Halloween. I don't do it. Especially yucky, scary spooky. But on Oct. 30 I decided I would please the crowd and do some cute spooky. So while they were all at school, Addie and I got some supplies and decorations to spookify our place...for a day! The best part! Thanks to pinterest we made a monster door...
And thanks to superstore and their pre Halloween sale I got this garland for a few bucks. I love a deal!
Then we put the kids to work and painted beads...YES I said HAND PAINTED A LOT of beads 4 different colors to make this garland! They did so good and it was fun to sit down with them and make a craft that turned out so good! I mean don't look too close, but really, they did a great job! And we all had fun. The girls did the colored ones with me and Zach did the black ones with me and strung it all when he got home from school! It was fun!
See, looks good eh?! I'm telling you...child labor! I am sure we will do more of these. A Christmas one is calling...and I think they would be perfect for Easter...they look like Easter eggs!
Add in some overpriced candy corn and a vase from your mother in law...that's spooky enough, right?
My mom also reminded me of a fun thing she used to do...tarantula biscuits! We were having leftover soup, so I made the spider biscuits and the kids loved them!
They even stand up! See, who says you have to go out of your way to do cool things. Super easy and the kids thought I was Supermom.
She was so funny though...she didn't quite get that we were taking it out and keeping it out. She just kept trying to fill every one's pumpkins back up!
2 comments:
So cute! All of your kids are too adorable. and I laughed out loud at the struggling hands and arms in this last picture. CUTE! You ARE supermom!
It's Dora right? Am I right or am I right? Please say yes, it's killing me. And Addie kills me. Your whole family is so beautiful! Especially you! Every time I read your blog I realize how much I miss you, so you'd better come visit me when I come to visit in December! Just sayin. And that Halloween door ruled! Your house was way better than mine and I actually love Halloween. Love it. Like a lot. It's probably the rash from carving pumpkins that's put you off. Ya gotta get over that missy!
Post a Comment